Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Moving to Vegas...Help Needed! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364539)

ThaHero 10-25-2005 06:46 AM

Re: Moving to Vegas...Help Needed!

This entire post makes me realize how much LA sucks...I'm sure things are even worse in NY.

Sciolist 10-25-2005 07:25 AM

No Useful Content from Me

Man, rent is so cheap in the US. I pay more than $1100 pm to live centralish London, and I share. That is going to be my new whining subject.

10-25-2005 07:41 AM

Another one bites tne dust.

kenberman 10-25-2005 09:02 AM

Re: No Useful Content from Me

[ QUOTE ]
Man, rent is so cheap in the US. I pay more than $1100 pm to live centralish London, and I share. That is going to be my new whining subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

try moving to NY, San Fran, or Boston.

depending on neighborhood, nearly equivalent to London.

Sciolist 10-25-2005 09:08 AM

Ah, but London is great. Plus you can't buy proper chocolate in the US.

kenberman 10-25-2005 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah, but London is great. Plus you can't buy proper chocolate in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

not true! Milka (my favorite) can be found in the US, you just gotta look. ditto for high end british chocolates.

Ed Miller 10-25-2005 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a 2 bedroom near GVR for 1k a month. 2 bath with washer/dryer and it's 1200 sqft on the second floor.
www.apartmentguide.com

[/ QUOTE ]

We're neighbors. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cwsiggy 10-25-2005 02:18 PM

Why rent Ed? Cmon - get in the game and buy a place! Phil Ivey and Mimi Tran own like 57 home in Vegas between them. Catch up!

youtalkfunny 10-25-2005 04:03 PM

This may be the worst time to buy real estate in the history of Las Vegas. That market is SOOOOOO much more likely to crash, than grow.

Just read a piece about some gigantic real estate investor who is dumping all his US holdings now. He predicts the crash will begin in cities where speculators went crazy in recent years: Las Vegas and Miami.

Funny, he made an analogy comparing real estate investing to polo: "I feel perfectly safe out there with other professionals, but if amateurs get involved, someone can get killed. Amateurs charge around, not knowing when to back off, and even the savvy pros can get taken down with them." His point is that the real estate market is being driven by idiots.

How many of you read that, and thought about poker?

youtalkfunny 10-25-2005 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, rent is so cheap in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think those numbers are cheap? I'm renting one side of a relatively new 3 BR 2 BA duplex in an average neighborhood for $750.

Of course, Mississippi real estate is not quite as coveted as LA or Vegas.