Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   55s: I do not know if I am running horribly or playing like a donk... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364467)

ace_in_the_hole 10-24-2005 05:02 PM

Re: 55s: I do not know if I am running horribly or playing like a donk

I like the 56s push, I never mind showing down when I have suited connectors, so long as none of my draws or outs are counterfited. Oh, and you have less than <5 BB, it's go time! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Messy_Jesse 10-24-2005 05:11 PM

One of the things that stands out most to me is that a ton of your losing hands are pushes from the button. Not that this is a bad thing, as the button is a great place to push, but if you push here too often, you're going to lower your opponents calling requirements. A lot of times, pushing from one or two off the buttton can add a lot of folding equity I think, especially considering that "at the 55s often times personal views on pushes" are important.

Other than that though, I really didnt like the 88 hand, as it felt pretty obvious that you were really far behind.

pineapple888 10-24-2005 05:32 PM

Re: 55s: I do not know if I am running horribly or playing like a donk...

Without reading the other replies, you seem to be playing quite a bit too loose.

I really only agree with your line on hand #2.

I think the 55s are still donkish enough that you have to have some standards for pushing, unless things are truly desperate.

Also, on hand #1, be careful about calling with "pot odds" here with a hand that is likely to be dominated. It's a minraise, but you can still fold to it. The reverse implied odds can kill you when you hit and still bust out. I'd rather call w rags here than QTo.

zambonidrivr 10-24-2005 05:44 PM

i'll call with 72 off when i have a huge pile and shortie is desparate. i almost always suck out. that is my fav thing about this game. or shoving garbage and having some wise ass call with AK for me to only take his ass out. I LOVE BUBBLE PLAY

Nick M 10-24-2005 08:55 PM

i just looked at the first hand...calling 150 more with Q10o is not a good play. Hmmmm I can't really comment on the pushes because they have more to do with feel and image than anything else. I don't like raising with 88 at the 25/50 level at all.

this is Party right??? I thought you only got 1000 chips...maybe i just can't count right.

another thing, alot of people push on the button when low. But I don't like that to much. Especially when holding a hand like J2 or 84. It doesn't hurt to wait one more hand to see if it gets folded to you, and possibly pick up a better hand. It also looks less like a steal.

tigerite 10-24-2005 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'll call with 72 off when i have a huge pile and shortie is desparate. i almost always suck out. that is my fav thing about this game. or shoving garbage and having some wise ass call with AK for me to only take his ass out. I LOVE BUBBLE PLAY

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy didn't have a huge pile, he barely had me covered. Also this is usually a -EV play, so keep doing it by all means

Nick M 10-24-2005 09:13 PM

you think calling with Q10o isn't bad????? Jesus i don't know. I have no interest in playing Q10o OOP for a raise. And if multitabling I absolute hate this call.

10-24-2005 09:30 PM

Looks like you already have gotten some good feedback so I won't comment on specific hands.

I will say first that 25 buyins isn't much of a downswing, s..t happens. There is however a fine line between playing solid agressive and overagressive. I think you have crossed that line as your play seems a little impatient to me. Back off, take a deep breath and see the forest from the trees.

GL.

AA suited 10-25-2005 01:10 AM

w/o reading any of the responses, here are my opinions:

#1: fold preflop. but since you called, it's a no brainer with all-in check/raise with tpgk. if he was trapping with kk/aa, then thats poker.

#2: i would have pushed also. what did sngpt say?

#3: good call. if he has a2o, then so be it. again, what does sngpt say?

#4: yup, i would have pushed with any 2 as the button. sngpt says?

#5: ep+2 with 88 lvl3... i would have limped and folded to mp's 4bb raise. (there are too many players left to act, and you have a healthy stack. not worth the risk so early in the sng.) but since you raised to 200, and mp reraised to 425, i would have just called. he wasnt going to lay down that hand preflop.

i dont know what i would have done on the flop. sometimes i'll do a stop and go. other times check/fold if i dont have the overpair or set.

#6: yup, i would have pushed. Sngpt says?

btw- what's your read on Red_Orchid? he plays ALOT, but i wrote nothing down for him?!

#7: depends...if you are going to have another lvl5 orbit, fold j2s. if next time you post is lvl6, then i would push js2. Sngpt says?

ps- please # each tourny next time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

adanthar 10-25-2005 01:16 AM

I'd have folded 84o and J2o but I think the worst hand in here is the 88 hand, in which you made 2 decisions that were both really bad.

QTo is kinda funny because six months ago I'd have said to fold. A bunch of multis later, I would never fold this to a button minraise in an MTT and don't think calling is terrible in an SNG. I'd prefer pushing, though.