Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Interesting Situation ...to me at least (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364167)

splashpot 10-24-2005 10:18 AM

Re: Interesting Situation ...to me at least

Easy fold. Usually when I've raised the past 3-4 hands in a row, I tighten up my raising standard for a while. If they get impatient with me raising so much, they'll start to call with some marginal hands and my fold equity goes down. So if this guy is anything like me, he's got a better hand than AQ.

tigerite 10-24-2005 10:30 AM

Why is a call, intending to stop and go on any flop when you have 6BB and closing the action, awful..?

I don't see it myself, but maybe I'm missing something.

GtrHtr 10-24-2005 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is a call, intending to stop and go on any flop when you have 6BB and closing the action, awful..?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call = 50% of your stack. Thats the only reason its horrible IMO. I don't like a stop and go in this scenario with hero's stack and only 600 more chips to push after the flop. To me it looks weak.

tigerite 10-24-2005 11:02 AM

That's a fair point, but it would still be around about half the pot on the flop. Might be enough to get him to fold just overcards or something, or TT on Q high etc. I dunno, tough one.

Actually - it's 6BB's after posting.. doesn't this mean he only has to call 2BB's as he's in the BB, then the push would be 4BBs = 800 into the pot of 1300? More difficult for Villian to call that without a hand, I'd have thought.

pooh74 10-24-2005 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold. Usually when I've raised the past 3-4 hands in a row, I tighten up my raising standard for a while. If they get impatient with me raising so much, they'll start to call with some marginal hands and my fold equity goes down. So if this guy is anything like me, he's got a better hand than AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, when you steal 3 hands in a row and show powerhouses each time, you figure yourself for a freebie, "they'll give me credit".

I dunno scuba...I like the AT hand better.

unfrgvn 10-24-2005 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't villian get to act first if scuba calls? So what do you do on a q 7 2r flop when villian puts you all in?

GtrHtr 10-24-2005 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a fair point, but it would still be around about half the pot on the flop. Might be enough to get him to fold just overcards or something, or TT on Q high etc. I dunno, tough one.

Actually - it's 6BB's after posting.. doesn't this mean he only has to call 2BB's as he's in the BB, then the push would be 4BBs = 800 into the pot of 1300? More difficult for Villian to call that without a hand, I'd have thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, my bad. It's 400 (2xBB) more to call then 800 left to push. Better, but I still wouldn't do it here.

pooh74 10-24-2005 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't villian get to act first if scuba calls? So what do you do on a q 7 2r flop when villian puts you all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Hero acts first, villain is UTG.

unfrgvn 10-24-2005 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No, Hero acts first, villain is UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed Scuba BB, sorry.

pooh74 10-24-2005 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would only call if the guy's avatar was a waving "Super Mario".