Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OT: PP Foul Language (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363577)

Insty 10-23-2005 02:09 PM

Re: OT: PP Foul Language

[ QUOTE ]
It's amazing to me how many US citizens think "freedom of speech" ought to or does extend to virtually every situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a US citizen, but I think "freedom of speech" ought to extend to every situation.

Why doesn't party have client side adjustable filters? So I can see all the swearing I want, and those who don't can tick the 'don't show naughty words' option.

stupidsucker 10-23-2005 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why doesn't party have client side adjustable filters? So I can see all the swearing I want, and those who don't can tick the 'don't show naughty words' option.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds easy enough... but I am sure they have 1897945 other things on the list of upgrades before this gets much attention.

Perhaps they feel that if someone gets called a [censored] moron phish mother [censored] [censored] luckbox [censored] , they might get their feelings hurt and take money elsewhere. Yes people are stupid enough to turn their filter OFF and still get their feelings hurt when they get what they asked for.

rbear 10-23-2005 02:17 PM

people who are offended go elsewhere, censored people find creative ways around it ((( and get their chat suspended )))

FieryJustice 10-23-2005 02:48 PM

I have only had my chat banned once about a year ago and I say some pretty sick stuff quite often. In order to get banned, you have to be throwing racist slurs and cuss words left and right. You are probably going to hell...just like me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

pooh74 10-23-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you got banned from playing or from chat?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think?

zambonidrivr 10-23-2005 02:56 PM

yeah i got reported by someone named bad_egg, for telling one of the females at the table what i wanted to do with her.

fyi.... i won the $33, and took $150

citanul 10-23-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you got banned from playing or from chat?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

if he just got his chat revoked, i don't see why he is either surprised or thinks that anyone cares.

c

rbear 10-23-2005 03:47 PM

no, you just have to have someone run and tell pp customer support... that's it

Annulus 10-23-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i got reported by someone named bad_egg, for telling one of the females at the table what i wanted to do with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

bad_egg is a poster here. me and him have played a few times toghether. hes a decent enough player, but him reporting you is pretty wack in my opinion.

kyro 10-23-2005 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God!