Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Early warning: I'm coming to California in December (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363077)

private joker 12-08-2005 08:33 AM

Re: Early warning: I\'m coming to California in December

[ QUOTE ]
PrivateJoker called and said he'd be on his way. When he showed up I asked him what (free!) food I should get with the caveat that I wanted something kind of light. He suggested the buffalo wings, and I reiterated that I wanted something "light," ie not buffalo wings. He then suggested the Asian chicken salad, which I assume at Commerce is just called the "chicken salad." It was pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I said "Oriental Chicken Salad" (more offensive) because at Commerce, it's actually called the "Oriental Chicken Salad." At the Bike, it's just called "Chinese Chicken Salad."

[ QUOTE ]

PrivateJoker and I only played one hand together and I'm proud to say I'm undefeated against him.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true. I raised PF from LP, Brad called in the blind, and an EP limper called. Brad checked the flop suspiciously, EP donked, and I decided not to peel because I smelled a checkraise coming. Brad checkraised and won the pot on a river showdown having flopped TPGK. Nice flop fish. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Luv2DriveTT 12-08-2005 09:45 AM

Last time I was at the "C" unless I was working I couldn't peal myself away from the tables for more than 45 minutes. I have been inspired by you, next trip I visit the Getty and MOCA, I'll spend less time in the card room.

Didn't know PJ is playing the 20/40 now, way to go mate!

Spend lots of time drinking boba tea. Thats bubble tea to us east-coasters, their Vietnamese coffees kick ass.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

private joker 12-08-2005 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Didn't know PJ is playing the 20/40 now, way to go mate!

[/ QUOTE ]

I take some shots here and there. My regular games are still the 9/18 and 8/16. But the 20 game Brad and I were in at Commerce was so good, I'm tempted to move up before I'm properly bankrolled. I won't, though, because I'm weak and scared.

andyfox 12-08-2005 01:33 PM

Sushi Roku for good sushi (expensive). Boa for good steaks (expensive). Houston's for solid American food, not great, but serviceable.

jason_t 12-08-2005 04:00 PM

scrub sent me your phone number but I misplaced it. Please PM it to me.

jason_t 12-08-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really can't miss on the promenade. Mike l. and I will be up on Friday probably not to Commerce though. PM me your phone # if you want and I'll let you know where (we never know in advance).

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Phone me too.

jason_t 12-08-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I'm planning on going to Santa Monica tomorrow and just kind of wandering around and then heading back to Commerce late afternoon/early evening. Suggestions for lunch places in Santa Monica would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Le Pain Quotiden, just off the Promenade on Santa Monica Blvd between 3rd and 4th.

onegymrat 12-08-2005 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sushi Roku for good sushi (expensive)...

[/ QUOTE ] Beat me to it.

Brad, did you get to use an Alec Baldwin voice when talking to an opponent?

BottlesOf 12-08-2005 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moved to a different 20/40, I was surrounded by Lebanese dudes. I felt like Israel in '67! It took them about two minutes to ask me if I was Jewish and then start calling me cheap. PrivateJoker called and said he'd be on his way. When he showed up I asked him what (free!) food I should get with the caveat that I wanted something kind of light. He suggested the buffalo wings, and I reiterated that I wanted something "light," ie not buffalo wings. He then suggested the Asian chicken salad, which I assume at Commerce is just called the "chicken salad." It was pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

AAmaz0n 12-08-2005 07:03 PM

Hiya,

While you are in town, I highly recommend checking out the Chinese theatre in Hollywood, it is a must see if you haven't been there. Also, the Bike - it's not as big as Commerce but has good games and a fine staff.

Maybe I'll run into you before you leave.

Shauna