Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   KK400NL Deepstacked, OOP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362949)

DyessMan89 10-22-2005 01:48 PM

Re: KK400NL Deepstacked, OOP

I dont like playing this as WA/WB and check-calling becuase I dont think your way ahead here. I think he most likley has an ace, a draw, or a set. I like leading the turn here becuase you might be able to get a low kicker Ace outta there, or a draw. However, I would have bet a bit more, more like 175 ... and then fold if he comes over the top.

Mark1808 10-22-2005 01:48 PM

I like the check fold turn as well. He called the PF raise and flop bet with an Ace out there. Since you have mixed it up with him before I don't think he thinks you will back down. If he's aggressive as you say it will take only one mistake on his part to bust him and you can afford a few lay downs. You don't need to win every hand against super aggressive players, just one or two.

sawseech 10-22-2005 01:52 PM

so then chkfold the turn if he's pushing the river and you're not going to call

Riposte 10-23-2005 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus christ. WA/WB? sometimes i open a thread, and i just dont know WTF ppl are thinking...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why isn't this WA/WB?

Simplistic 10-23-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check fold turn. Nuf said.

[/ QUOTE ]werd.

i don't see the reason to fire two barrels?

fuego527 10-23-2005 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jesus christ. WA/WB? sometimes i open a thread, and i just dont know WTF ppl are thinking...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why isn't this WA/WB?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only hands that you are way ahead of (K8? QQ?) are planning to steal this pot (especially when played by this type of opponent) most likely on the turn. The only way you get paid off is with a nice read and huge call(s). You, however, stated that you were too scared with this much money at stake and also that you were planning on folding to his aggression on later streets. If its a different type of opponent, you cant play it WA/WB because of your reverse implied.

Riposte 10-23-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You, however, stated that you were too scared with this much money at stake and also that you were planning on folding to his aggression on later streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Como what?

fuego527 10-23-2005 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You, however, stated that you were too scared with this much money at stake and also that you were planning on folding to his aggression on later streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Como what?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, thought you were OP

Spladle Master 10-23-2005 10:07 PM

Dude, just check/fold the turn. Unless you really like this guy and would like to give him more money.