Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Preflop Raise Theory (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362725)

mosdef 10-21-2005 09:50 PM

Re: Preflop Raise Theory

[ QUOTE ]
the Sun doesn't revolve around the Earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, smarty? then how come i can see it moving around the earth? moran.

Uppercut 10-21-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's such a massive asset to my game and I believe this to be Gus Hansen's and Daniel Negraneu's expertise. I don't think I'm as good as them at this...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this statement 100%!

Irieguy 10-21-2005 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm a very good SNG player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course.

[ QUOTE ]
I find myself winning often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goes without saying if you are posting here.

[ QUOTE ]
I have this theory - it's smarter to raise with 45 suited than K-10 off, it's smarter to raise 56 suited than Q-10 off, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems groundbreaking... but it sounds familiar somehow. Are you sure you haven't seen that idea in print somewhere else?

[ QUOTE ]
The reasons behind my play with such hands is that K-10, Q-10, QJ, when raised, are far more likely to be dominated than 45

[/ QUOTE ]

Need to toggle this thread. Maybe Citanul or Durron will sticky it.

[ QUOTE ]
It's such a massive asset to my game and I believe this to be Gus Hansen's and Daniel Negraneu's expertise. I don't think I'm as good as them at this

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're just talking crazy. Give yourself some credit, Copernicus.

[ QUOTE ]
The one downside I know of is that if the two undercards run into a high pair, they are fairly dominated (although low suited connectors are wonderful cards to hold in a must-all in situation when you run into, lets say, AA, as 56 suited is the #1 hand against AA in preflop percentages)

[/ QUOTE ]

Who needs pokerstove.

[ QUOTE ]
though i still bet big when i get a hand

[/ QUOTE ]

...best part of the new theory, in my opinion.

Irieguy

PS-Just having fun, gibby. Try not to freak out.

bawcerelli 10-21-2005 10:13 PM

at why buy in are you trying these moves? seems like lower buy in people will just call you down.

mosdef 10-21-2005 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS-Just having fun, gibby. Try not to freak out.

[/ QUOTE ]

too late, dude freaked out about 8 posts ago.

Marc Ingenoso 10-21-2005 11:48 PM

While I haven't read anything relating specifically to sit n gos, I agree with the initial post. At the lowish levels I usually play ($20 - $30), I belive K,10; Q,J; and Q,10 are folding or limping hands unless you are short stacked.

I have often found that people with top pair top kicker or overpairs on the flop misprice their bets and allow me to correctly draw and make a straight or a low two pair with 4,5; 5,6; and 6,7. I guess my point is I think the low connectors are a lot of fun in passive games.

All apologies if this post is either (i) too obvious or (ii) cleary incorrect.