Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   88- rework my line (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362380)

flair1239 10-21-2005 11:42 AM

Re: 88- rework my line

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I considered check folding the flop. Does anyone like that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Read my post? I do. I think that's the line I like the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed it... good post.

shant 10-21-2005 11:48 AM

Does he ever fold hands in the preflop 3-betting range to this turn jack move? I don't think it happens often. I think check-fold the flop is where it's at.

adios 10-21-2005 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I kind of do. Alot depends on his range of 3-betting hands. How would you play an AK or maybe a better question is how do you think the player in question thinks you'd play AK because I think that's the hand you're trying to represent (or another big Ace type hand) no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you are right. AK I probably C/R the flop against this player (Ironically for reasons which make my original line absolutely suck).

What happend is I checked the flop with the intention of folding. But when he bet, I changed my mind and considered raising... but I did not like his stats for getting him out if all he had were overcards.

So I called. My call irritated me. Because I thought [censored]... now if I donk he is just going to raise and I am going to have to fold, and I was pretty irritated... because check/calling seemed pretty pointless (although less expensive then what I did). So my turn/river spew was kind of trying to make up for screwing up the flop.

I think I basically took the worst line possible here.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL don't beat yourself up too much over one hand. I know what you mean about a player being a pain in the ass ... I'll spare you all the cliche's and such since you know them I'm sure regarding poker being a long range thingy. Nice posts in this thread as usual on this forum.

brettbrettr 10-21-2005 11:53 AM

If I'm check-calling this flop, I'm leading the turn. Check-raising is just so expensive. Plus, on this board with the ace, I'm prob just check-folding the flop. Being OOP with a mid pair against an aggressive player with an ace on the board is not a spot I like to be in.

DocMartin 10-22-2005 12:55 PM

I check/fold this flop. It is tough to represent a hand that your opponent likely has or will be trying to represent himself. If you bet, you get raised whether he has it or not. It is either check/fold, or maybe even check/call bet/fold the river.

Pog0 10-22-2005 01:27 PM

The best chance to have him laydown JJ-KK is c/r the flop and lead the turn, right? JJ-KK is probably checking behind on the turn and calling the river. So with your line, if he has JJ-KK and checks behind on the turn, he calls the river and you lose. If he bets the turn and you c/r, well, he has an ace, isn't laying down, and you lose.