Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Royal Flush Draw and I'm Confused (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362344)

etgryphon 10-21-2005 10:33 AM

Re: Royal Flush Draw and I\'m Confused

But what hands will you isolate with a $16 raise?

AK/KK/QQ/JJ/TT maybe...Maybe a AJ will call. I just don't see a lot of hands that I want to see.

-Gryph

jkkkk 10-21-2005 10:36 AM

From a calling station, you will see anything, literally.

etgryphon 10-21-2005 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From a calling station, you will see anything, literally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm such a pansy in situations like this...

-Gryph

arod15 10-21-2005 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villan is a pretty weak player, showdown a lot of strange hands, with bottom pair, K high, your average donk

Hero is in SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
200NL/6 max
Villan has 83.10
Hero has him covered

Villan Limps UTG, MP folds, CO raises to 4, Button Calls, Hero makes it 12 to go (Do you raise more here/or just call), Villan Calls, CO Calls, Button Calls

Flop 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Pot 50

Hero leads for 20 (~1/2 the pot is my standard CB), Villan Calls, CO folds, Button folds

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot 90)

Hero leads for 20 (I wasn't sure what to do, do u pot it and put him all in?), Villan calls

River 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot 140)

Hero bets 26.10, all in, villan calls, Looking back at this, I'm thinking check/fold, though i hate it

Comments on all streets

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the flop and raise big if someone bets it. At that point you have a monster draw. I dont like leading there at all. And bet more on the turn. On the river you have no FE so just check fold...

ajmargarine 10-21-2005 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the flop and raise big if someone bets it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking too. C/r the flop big (ai?). Preflop, limp or fold. OOP play like this=burning money.

jzpiano14 10-21-2005 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check the flop and raise big if someone bets it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking too. C/r the flop big (ai?). Preflop, limp or fold. OOP play like this=burning money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't raise here to isolate?

Some one leads flop for 30, do you push here with another 220, or raise to 120ish leaving only 100 behind. Stack sizes make this c/r awkard

jkkkk 10-21-2005 01:17 PM

To all the people who recommend check-push;

You are going to have next to 0% folding equity on any of these streets, why not build value when we hit?

jzpiano14 10-21-2005 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To all the people who recommend check-push;

You are going to have next to 0% folding equity on any of these streets, why not build value when we hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you don't hit the turn, what's ur plan?

yvesaint 10-21-2005 01:34 PM

why is your continuation bet 1/2 pot

in fact its not even 1/2 pot its LESS than 1/2 pot

why are you betting SO SMALL against a SHORT STACKED VILLAIN with a draw

either check-raise all-in on the flop (which is ok against guys who can FOLD usually NOT short stacks) or lead 3/4 ish

CHECK TURN why are you betting so small yet again

WHY did you push river, check it, you bet 26 in the hopes that he'd fold something? against a short stacked villain? NEVER is he folding any pair there!!

actually, i cant really even comment on the river, because you shouldnt have gotten yourself in that position to begin with

pre-flop can go either way, but if youre going to raise, raise MORE. there's 13 in the pot already before you even raise, and you raised to 12. sick. seriously, what's with the pussy mini bets/raises.

jkkkk 10-21-2005 01:34 PM

Check and call if given odds, which is not all that unlikely from a fish. If we push the flop we are coin flipping against Kx, I believe there is much more EV in playing passively with a draw against these sorts of players unless the pot is small and we need to build it.