Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   QTo play along... every street is interesting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362333)

10-21-2005 11:43 AM

Re: QTo play along... every street is interesting

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero makes super easy value bet, but do we call a raise?

The Truth 10-21-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold preflop

postflop i'm not sure what to do

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a pretty easy preflop raise.

I play the rest of the hand the same.

blake

10-21-2005 11:58 AM

He's at least as likely to have the As here as AA, KK, or AQ. Given the size of the pot I think you call and bet the turn unless an A or spade hits. If he raises your turn bet then fold. If he calls the turn bet then check the river in the dark.

TheDelChop 10-21-2005 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who folds this PF is a weak-tightie. Rest of the hand is standard. I don't think there is a single hand that the villian raises on the river that you beat. I gave some thought to A-K spades, but after getting checkraised twice I doubt he raises with one pair. Hope you took it down.

TheDelChop 10-21-2005 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's at least as likely to have the As here as AA, KK, or AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian is a TAG. Which one of us puts a 3rd bet in on the flop with a back door flush and an overcard? Best case scenario is that he has two good spades (AK,AJ,A10) No way you are ahead on the flop at $3/$6, call and check raise his ass on the turn when you catch up.

10-21-2005 12:31 PM

You're right that I overstated the point by saying "at least as likely." But with a villain whose postflop agg. is 3.25 there's enough of a chance that he's got a big spade that I still think my proposed line is probably the best one. But it's very close.

10-21-2005 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right that I overstated the point by saying "at least as likely." But with a villain whose postflop agg. is 3.25 there's enough of a chance that he's got a big spade that I still think my proposed line is probably the best one. But it's very close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am careful not to misread a high AF. I know this has been beaten to death, but a high AF may mean villain is a 'raise or fold' type of guy that doesn't know when it's profitible to just call. Just because his AF is that high doens't mean he's going to go beserk with overcards and a BDFD.

~Ryan

10-21-2005 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's at least as likely to have the As here as AA, KK, or AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian is a TAG. Which one of us puts a 3rd bet in on the flop with a back door flush and an overcard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might, but if I did it would be to take a free river, which villain did not.

10-21-2005 01:14 PM

The turn check/raise is terrible if he is capable of 3betting for a freecard on the flop. Dont be fancy, just bet so you dont give him infinite odds to draw out.

10-21-2005 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn check/raise is terrible if he is capable of 3betting for a freecard on the flop. Dont be fancy, just bet so you dont give him infinite odds to draw out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if villain was capable of 3 betting for a free card or not. Also, I think AA/KK/QK/QA were more likely holdings than drawing hands.

I do like the bet-3bet line someone else suggested because AA/KK will still probably raise this turn.