Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   How do I get a coloured name? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361693)

10-20-2005 07:47 PM

Re: How do I get a coloured name?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna assume you're British because of the U thats jammed into color. Is there a story why Yanks decided to skip the U in this word as well as Favourite etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

post revolutionary war, this guy named Webster decided to work on inventing an Americanized version of English. to further seperate themselves from the british, it was decided to change the spellings of several words, like color and theater, and add new words, like bullfrog.

Yes, there is a stoury, which you are obviously not in on.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmbt0ne 10-20-2005 07:49 PM

Stop using British spellings when we all know you're American.

M2d 10-20-2005 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm not cool enough. But I want one, damnit. How do you become cool enough to get one?

[/ QUOTE ]
any specific color in mind? if you don't descriminate, you can have Saichi. Jose and Sahib are available as well.

WDC 10-21-2005 08:54 AM

I thought he was from Illinois and illerterate.
(just so you don't clog the thread that is a intentional misspelling.)

10-21-2005 10:45 AM

How do you get a coloured name? Just change your name to Shareka, Tyrone, or Tamika, and there you have it!!!

augie00 10-21-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought he was from Illinois and illerterate.
(just so you don't clog the thread that is a intentional misspelling.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am. I do not know what compelled me to spell it like that. I must have been high.

augie00 10-21-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get a coloured name? Just change your name to Shareka, Tyrone, or Tamika, and there you have it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, this made me lol. well done.

10-21-2005 03:47 PM

dude no love to M2D who already made that joke?

hoopsie44 10-22-2005 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm not cool enough. But I want one, damnit. How do you become cool enough to get one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have coloured parents.

chezlaw 10-22-2005 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna assume you're British because of the U thats jammed into color. Is there a story why Yanks decided to skip the U in this word as well as Favourite etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

post revolutionary war, this guy named Webster decided to work on inventing an Americanized version of English. to further seperate themselves from the british, it was decided to change the spellings of several words, like color and theater, and add new words, like bullfrog.

Yes, there is a stoury, which you are obviously not in on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the same reason as why Americans drive on the wrong side of the road unlike the British who drive on the right.

chez