Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   50/100 unraised pot, little help probably boring (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361650)

Big_Jim 10-20-2005 03:06 PM

Re: 50/100 unraised pot, little help probably boring

Man... tricky spot.

Honestly, I think if you're gonna fold the river here, you need to fold the turn.

Admittedly.. we have 17 outs against the made flush, which is a fairly likely hand for villian, here. However.. there are a few problems with that....

a) vs. a boat with 44 or 66, we only have 7 outs.
b) We almost never get paid off by a worse hand when we improve to the nut flush, except for the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] some percentage of the time.
c) When we DO improve to the nut flush, we still don't necessarily have the best hand, and will be in a hell of a mess on the river when this happens.
d) We only get paid off when we improve to a boat when we hit our A, since we can't get a big bet from a flush with two pair on the board.
e) We could still be behind when we improve to a boat if the 4 or 6 pairs (quads) and this is going to cost us a lot of money.
f) We still have UTG behind us to worry about, who could be getting tricky with a boat.

Overall, I think that the reverse implied odds of this hand make it a fold on the turn.

Big_Jim 10-20-2005 03:56 PM

If this were live and you could be sure that UTG didn't have a hand... I would consider check/raising all in on the turn, assuming you thought you had fold equity against a flush from button.

I think calling here really sucks.

durrrr 10-20-2005 05:05 PM

I like your line. Meaning this spot sucks, i'd puke a lot, and hope i play it like you did. Leading the turn for 2/3 pot, or full pot is an option, but a very dangerous one which seems to lose you the most when behind and win you the least when ahead (although you will win the hand a larger % of the time this way). IMO your line, while very ugly, was the best looking one around.

10-21-2005 04:47 AM

I agree with Jim.

flawless_victory 10-21-2005 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This just feels awful on turn and river, I'm trying to put him on a range, and I can't tell exactly what I'm up against.

[/ QUOTE ]im gonna go w/ FLUSH.

captZEEbo1 10-21-2005 05:17 AM

anyone think I should just muck flop since there are a billion (at least) scare cards and I'll be oop vs 2 aggressive opponents who know how to value bet?

Big_Jim 10-21-2005 05:53 AM

I have trouble folding to min-raises when I have any kind of draw, especially with the odds you're getting here.

I think it might be a leak.

durrrr 10-21-2005 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

anyone think I should just muck flop since there are a billion (at least) scare cards and I'll be oop vs 2 aggressive opponents who know how to value bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

10-21-2005 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Transparant draw.
There is no way you should call a turn pot bet if you don't have a pair here.

durrrr 10-21-2005 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Transparant draw.
There is no way you should call a turn pot bet if you don't have a pair here.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has top pair, his hand is good some % of the time, and because he has the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] he isnt making a huge mistake calling regardless of what hands the villains have.

Nice 1st post btw.