Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $11 bubble: was AK fold too tight? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361078)

JP Rocks 10-19-2005 07:57 PM

Re: $11 bubble: was AK fold too tight?

I probably push AA-88, AK-AT or KQ-KT here, depending on reads... Folding AK is criminal.

valenzuela 10-19-2005 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a great spot for a push...you WANT a call.

[/ QUOTE ]
ehhh...actually you dont want a call.
But its still a proftiable push since ure oponent will fold many garbaje and when he does calll at least you will have a very strong hand.

pineapple888 10-19-2005 08:14 PM

OK, everyone agrees it's a push.

I was playing three bubbles at once and had made a mental note not to push into the big stack here.

Gotta get more detailed with those mental notes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

tigerite 10-19-2005 08:19 PM

If he calls more than 10% of hands (55+,ATo+,A8s+,KQs) this is a fold, assuming you want a +0.5% edge.

All these people saying you want a call with AKo really don't know what they are talking about.

tigerite 10-19-2005 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably push AA-88, AK-AT or KQ-KT here, depending on reads... Folding AK is criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus christ.

pineapple888 10-19-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he calls more than 10% of hands (55+,ATo+,A8s+,KQs) this is a fold, assuming you want a +0.5% edge.

All these people saying you want a call with AKo really don't know what they are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess I let the majority vote sway me. Villain is looser than that.

Looks likes it's a pretty close decision, at any rate. That makes me feel better.

10-19-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Whatthey mean is: they want a lose call.

tigerite 10-19-2005 08:31 PM

Well, they do not want a loose call. Seeing as that loses $EV for you. Yes, it loses it for Villian as well - and gives it all to the two short stacks who are out of the hand.

JP Rocks 10-19-2005 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus christ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I'm not looking for a call with all of those hands. I also appreciate that bubble agression against the big stack is not recommended practice. But this is a low buy in STT, and just sitting back and folding ITM without shooting for first is a far bigger crime than pushing the range above in this spot.

lastchance 10-19-2005 09:56 PM

Push. You can get folds here, which makes this a super easy push. You don't want calls, so against a super loose opponent, I might be inclined to make this fold, and it would be good.

But I don't fold without reads here.