Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bill O'Reilly (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360554)

Fratony 10-19-2005 12:52 AM

Re: Bill O\'Reilly

[ QUOTE ]
Saw him on The Daily Show. He's such a douche. Why can't he lighten up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what a great guest to have on the show. I loved when Jon Stewart used a Charlie Brown analogy to prove a point on France, where does he come up with this stuff? O'reily's reaction to it was also priceless, he had this sort of "what the [censored] are you talking" about look on his face.

KneeCo 10-19-2005 01:20 AM

Don't mess with Poppa Bear!!

Xelent 10-19-2005 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hating Bill O'Reilly is similar to hating the villian in wrestling. He's playing a part so that you and other people will get upset and make noise. He wants you either like him or hate him. He doesn't want you to not care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... excellent point. I understand why Bush ran for President.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude are you looking to be start over again with an exile this time?

This isn't politics keep that crap out of here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this isn't politics, why the hell are we talking about Bill O'Reilly?

w_alloy 10-19-2005 02:31 AM

The part where Jon Stewart told O'Reilly there were no weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq, and O'Reilly said something to the effect of "you dont buy into that liberal bullshit do you?" Then called Jon a "pinhead" made me kinda mad. Jon cracked up and basically dropped it. This is part of what makes him a great interviewer, that he can touch on good topics but not push them to the point of being confrontational (it is a comedy show after all). Still, I wanted Jon to deck him, or at least persue it a bit further.

That French tirade was pretty rediculous too. Ii doesnt matter that he is playing a charcter; it discourages me that people have watched him for 9 years.

bdohaney 10-19-2005 03:31 AM

I like O'reilly. Sure, he is confrontational, opinionated and quite arrogant. But at the same time, is usually pretty smart on his subjects. Obviously it isn't just him, he has to have a terrific research team that helps him know what he does. But, his facts are usually pretty well right, his opinions and arguments are based on evidence, and he does a good job (though loud and arrogant) of destroying other people's fallacies. But, then again, I definitely tend to the right end of the political spectrum. At the same time, Jon Stewart rules. He does a fantaastic job with his show. Personally, I think that it is one of the funniest things on tv.

10-19-2005 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hating Bill O'Reilly is similar to hating the villian in wrestling. He's playing a part so that you and other people will get upset and make noise. He wants you either like him or hate him. He doesn't want you to not care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... excellent point. I understand why Bush ran for President.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude are you looking to be start over again with an exile this time?

This isn't politics keep that crap out of here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this isn't politics, why the hell are we talking about Bill O'Reilly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he was on a comedy show.

bawcerelli 10-19-2005 04:04 AM

How can anyone like bill oreilly? i mean COME ON. THE GUY SHOVED A DILDO UP HIS ASS WHILE TELLING AN INTERN ALL ABOUT IT OVER THE PHONE. what a nasty [censored].

[censored] 10-19-2005 04:19 AM

I watched it and thought the entire segment was hilarious. Him and Stewart were clearly playing off each other and they did a great job in putting together an entertaining segment. He may be a blow hard but this interview is not reason in itself for saying he needs to lighten up.

Matty 10-19-2005 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like O'reilly. Sure, he is confrontational, opinionated and quite arrogant. But at the same time, is usually pretty smart on his subjects. Obviously it isn't just him, he has to have a terrific research team that helps him know what he does. But, his facts are usually pretty well right, his opinions and arguments are based on evidence, and he does a good job (though loud and arrogant) of destroying other people's fallacies. But, then again, I definitely tend to the right end of the political spectrum. At the same time, Jon Stewart rules. He does a fantaastic job with his show. Personally, I think that it is one of the funniest things on tv.

[/ QUOTE ]Are you joking? O'Reilly will flat out lie on his show. Browse around http://mediamatters.org/archives/search.html?topic=The%20O'Reilly%20Factor

There's a reason FoxNews viewers score the absolute worst in surveys on public knowledge.

Fratony 10-19-2005 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched it and thought the entire segment was hilarious. Him and Stewart were clearly playing off each other and they did a great job in putting together an entertaining segment. He may be a blow hard but this interview is not reason in itself for saying he needs to lighten up.

[/ QUOTE ]
There should be a spinoff of PTI (ESPN sports show) where Stewart and O'Reily argue their respective points against each other daily, thats entertainment.