Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   For all the norman chad detractors (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360392)

transmitt 10-19-2005 01:46 PM

Re: For all the norman chad detractors

I did laugh. Chad is fine, would you rather have VVP putting the brush over the hole for the millionth time or Lederer lulling you to sleep?

10-19-2005 03:00 PM

I haven't liked Norman Chad at all for a while, but recently he's actually been somewhat funny.

10-19-2005 03:10 PM

The WSOP and WPT ought to get in a bidding war for Fred Willard - his commentary in "Best in Show" was a crack-up, and almost all ad-libbed.

He doesn't even have to know anything about poker, as far as I'm concerned. (Jury's out on whether Norman Chad does.)

McGahee 10-19-2005 03:21 PM

I tried to read this thread, but it lasted about as long as my 2nd marriage, Lon.

Photoc 10-19-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Norman Chad is hysterical. Easily the best poker commentator, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have missed his "poker commentary".

10-19-2005 03:24 PM

I like Chad. However, it really irritates me when Lon Mchearon (sp?) yells when the river card comes out. "ANND HE CAUGHT THE SIX ON THE RIVER !!", really annoying. I also like VVP, even though he's the favorite whipping boy in this forum, he makes me laugh.

belloc 10-19-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The WSOP and WPT ought to get in a bidding war for Fred Willard - his commentary in "Best in Show" was a crack-up, and almost all ad-libbed.

He doesn't even have to know anything about poker, as far as I'm concerned. (Jury's out on whether Norman Chad does.)

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't. He was on one of those celebrity shows (maybe WPT Hollywood Home Game?) and he didn't have any idea what he was doing. But he sure would be funny.

DVaut1 10-19-2005 05:11 PM

I remember, in one of the 2004 ME episodes, ESPN cuts to Matusow winning a pot, getting up and doing some raggedy dance, as we hear Norman Chad saying: "I wish I didn't live to see this".

Priceless. Norman is great, in my book.

10-19-2005 07:16 PM

He has really funny moments, and then he ruins it with an ex-wife joke.

c'est la vie

10-19-2005 07:35 PM

Yeah, as much as everyone rips on Norm, the WSOP almost wouldn't be the same without him. He does make quality jokes occasionally, and it reminds me of how a group of friends tends to make the same jokes over and over, but they still laugh consistently. Anyone with "real" poker knowledge would probably give the shows a more serious feel that probably wouldn't appeal to the average viewer.