Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   US News & World Report: Cheney resignation rumors fly (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360224)

Nepa 10-18-2005 05:41 PM

Re: US News & World Report: Cheney resignation rumors fly

If this happens who who be running the country?

lehighguy 10-18-2005 06:15 PM

I'd take odds Cheney stays. Anyone want to give me odds?

Jedster 10-18-2005 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd take odds Cheney stays. Anyone want to give me odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he gets indicted, dies, or is incapicated, I'd say it's 100:1 against him resigning.

10-18-2005 09:29 PM

If Libby gets indicted, it's big. If Rove gets indicted, it's huge. And if Cheney gets indicted, it's our generation's Watergate. It is too sweet to even let myself dream about.

If that happened, everyone associated with the Bush administration including Condi would be unelectable. There will be so many related stories about how the war was ruthlessly sold that Hillary or whoever is the Democratic nomination will waltz into the white house, even though she voted for the war.

Nepa 10-18-2005 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If that happened, everyone associated with the Bush administration including Condi would be unelectable.

[/ QUOTE ]

God bless the Neo Cons!

Walter Pullis 10-19-2005 12:34 PM

Sorry Dems. I know a lot of republicans who will swallow their right-wing pride and nominate McCain, with the Hillary threat. He is a sure winner in 2008.

tolbiny 10-19-2005 01:12 PM

this is one of the best things thta could happen to liberals- forcing the GOP to come back to the center would be wonderfull- the Dems would hate losing, but in the long run it would hurt a lot of the rhetoric the talking heads spout out cause they would be wary of going against a repub sitting president.

shakingspear 10-19-2005 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, what an interesting story. if rice gets the vp it seems like bush's security force would have to step it up considerably.

[/ QUOTE ]

So very true.

ptmusic 10-19-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Dems. I know a lot of republicans who will swallow their right-wing pride and nominate McCain, with the Hillary threat. He is a sure winner in 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine with me.

Losers: the far right and the far left.
Winners: everyone else.

-ptmusic