Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Live STT, What to do if you're the best player but have odds to call (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359458)

gildwulf 10-17-2005 03:29 PM

Re: Live STT, What to do if you\'re the best player but have odds to ca

Dude, he's getting 2:1....odds of making flush are 1.86:1... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

zipppy 10-17-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, he's getting 2:1....odds of making flush are 1.86:1... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i see the err of my ways now! stupid math... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Jbrochu 10-17-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm. Maybe I'm doing the math wrong, but I don't think he has favorable odds. 10 outs, 47 cards left in the deck. 1500 in chips, 3500 chips currently in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

10 outs with two cards to come is about 38% or 1.6 to 1 so he does have favorable odds.

10-17-2005 03:46 PM

I had 1.6 to 1 with 10 outs and the pot was giving me 2.3 to 1. So I had the odds.

10-17-2005 03:57 PM

I feel better reading comments like this. I called and the villians had AA and 9Js (hearts, same as my suit). So, I ended up having only 7 outs. No way to tell AA was out there due to the limp in.

10-17-2005 04:01 PM

Re: Live STT, What to do if you\'re the best player but have odds to call

It was the second orbit and two were already gone. And another was on the verge. Were were in the second stage of blinds, 100/200.

chekraze 10-17-2005 04:41 PM

I'm pretty sure flush draw here has 36% of completing on turn and/or river. harrington says u need to have 3:1 in the pot to make this call. e.g. if there was 3000 already in play and his call was 1000 then yeah, it's a good call to make.

bawcerelli 10-17-2005 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel better reading comments like this. I called and the villians had AA and 9Js (hearts, same as my suit). So, I ended up having only 7 outs. No way to tell AA was out there due to the limp in.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the odds are marginal and there's already 2+ players all in, I worry that someone else is already on the flush draw and I don't have all the outs. it's an easy call if it won't cripple you, but if it will and the odds are marginal I like to fold.

edit- i play lower buy in levels where it's much more likely someone will go all in with the non nut flush draw.

axeshigh 10-17-2005 09:12 PM

1- The odds are marginally in your favor.
2- However, if someone has 2 pair or a set you can lose even if you hit your flush.
3- Someone else may be on the flush draw and have some of your outs.

I fold most of the time in this situation.

MrX 10-17-2005 09:56 PM

If you have the odds to call and even consider folding then you should FOLD this hand preflop.

X