Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   AA first hand, call all in? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359265)

10-17-2005 09:11 AM

Re: AA first hand, call all in?

can anything happen that is better than this when you have AA?

don't think so.

sunek 10-17-2005 09:13 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />

don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

no - and that was my point. Sorry if it was not clear enugh.

10-17-2005 09:15 AM

What?!?

80% chance of double up and you know you have the best hand preflop and you are talking about a fold since its early in the tournament??? I take every chance of dubbling up so no way im letting this one go. Scared of monsters under the bed maybe?

10-17-2005 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Svar på:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

don't think so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no - and that was my point. Sorry if it was not clear enugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was clear enough. just wanted to confirm..

Cactus Jack 10-17-2005 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
God help us. This is going to be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, not even close. No one here is that tight, not even me.

CJ

illegit 10-17-2005 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, later in the tournament, when doubling your stack becomes increasingly difficult, and the average skill-level of the other players is higher, it makes more and more sense to take the gamble. But on the first hand? I wouldn't take that gamble, and, as they say, I'm no Phil Ivey.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite obviously. Because Ivey (and everyone who doesn't suck) beats this guy into the pot without batting an eyelash 100% of the time. If you doubt that's true, you really need to stop and contemplate life and why you are so off track.

zambonidrivr 10-17-2005 10:25 AM

i get all money in preflop with kings or aces. period

10-17-2005 11:17 AM

Actually, that's not true. Ivey doesn't beat him to the pot...because Ivey doesn't look at his cards before the other guy acts.

Can we start up a "Should I fold Aces Preflop?" Forum so we don't have to read these posts in the tourney forums?

10-17-2005 11:23 AM

Wow, I'm a newbie and I'm already tired of these threads. Call. Beat them in the pot already.

Nicholasp27 10-17-2005 11:29 AM

palamedes, will u let us know ur screen name and when u will be playing? if u will fold aa, then i'll love pushing into you with 27o

would u fold if u had at and kqj flopped with qj being the same suit and someone bet and u reraised and he pushed? he has 27 of that suit so has 9 outs for a 36% chance, which means u have less of a chance to beat him than beating him hu pf with aa