Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   55: Donk donk, top and bottom pair, what do you think? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358642)

10-16-2005 04:45 AM

Re: 55: Donk donk, top and bottom pair, what do you think?

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that your argument goes both ways. You can't give him KK, and K5 and K3 are both unlikely given the action and probability. So we're left with 55 and 33, and two 3's are out. There are very few hands that beat you. Plus people are donks. They could easily have like 77 and KT respectively; obviously I'm using an extreme example to help my case, but you get the point. So little beats you here, there's no reason anyone would think you're that strong (note would, not should), and their range is bigger than people make it out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like donks in the $55s tend to make themselves known preflop as opposed to postflop. It's tough to stay with this hand postflop with a big raise and then a big re-raiser.

bigt439 10-16-2005 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that your argument goes both ways. You can't give him KK, and K5 and K3 are both unlikely given the action and probability. So we're left with 55 and 33, and two 3's are out. There are very few hands that beat you. Plus people are donks. They could easily have like 77 and KT respectively; obviously I'm using an extreme example to help my case, but you get the point. So little beats you here, there's no reason anyone would think you're that strong (note would, not should), and their range is bigger than people make it out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like donks in the $55s tend to make themselves known preflop as opposed to postflop. It's tough to stay with this hand postflop with a big raise and then a big re-raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with your first statement at all. I don't really know why you'd say that. Raises aren't big either, both are smaller than the pot. All I'm saying is give me a range for the raisers, not a range that they don't have. The range you'll come up with is so small that you'd have to be right a ridiculous amount of the time to make this a fold, which I don't think you will be considering the donkalicious [censored] that goes down, and legitimate hand combos you beat given the action.

10-16-2005 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raises aren't big either, both are smaller than the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Are we talking about the same hand here? I count a 200 raise into a 110 pot and then a 600 re-raise after that. What are you seing?

bigt439 10-16-2005 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Are we talking about the same hand here? I count a 200 raise into a 110 pot and then a 600 re-raise after that. What are you seing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh... this just sucks... come on man, take five seconds to think about this... (hint: calls are in the pot when calculating raises)... everytime a thread gets going it gets stalled by someone who doesn't get pot odds or some other mundane concept... too bad...

10-16-2005 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh... this just sucks... come on man, take five seconds to think about this... (hint: calls are in the pot when calculating raises)... everytime a thread gets going it gets stalled by someone who doesn't get pot odds or some other mundane concept... too bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

bigt439 10-16-2005 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just try raising the pot in a pot limit game...

10-16-2005 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused then. How much is in the pot after this:

"Abercorn111 raises [600]."

10-16-2005 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just asking you to read the original post

10-16-2005 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's too busy trying to slam me to read anything. That's what is cool about this site though. Everyone is a genius.

bigt439 10-16-2005 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sucks I have to write this out. 4 limps pf, the pot is t60. Hero bets out t50, first dude raises to 200... he first calls the bet, making the pot 160 and raises 150 more... < pot... the pot is now t310 and second dude calls the 200 making the pot t510 and raises 400 more... < pot...

Yeah, I'm just trying to slam you... that's why I wrote this all out... what a burn...

Disclaimer: If this is somehow wrong, I'm drunk, it's my birthday, and I'm wearing a Scorpion costume (ya know from Mortal Kombat)... but this is right...