Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   running a household (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358368)

gorie 10-15-2005 06:01 PM

Re: running a household

[ QUOTE ]
posting on a poker player forum, your choices are really bad.

i'm making all of my money about 3 feet from my bed. if i was still doing this when i have kids, i would most likely stay at home and watch them grow, and then when they napped in the mid afternoon, i would play poker for 3-4 hours.

i'm sure many people are doing the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
so what is the wife doing ?

the worst thing about my choices is that i didn't include pizza or beer.

i'm just trying to get a general feel of how people feel about this subject.

Klepton 10-15-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Sponger15SB 10-15-2005 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blowing him 10x a day, cooking his food, bathing him and giving him massages, etc.

tdarko 10-15-2005 06:04 PM

both my parents worked and its really not that difficult, before i started school i had my grandmother around. when i started school, i would go over to friends' houses and their mother would take care of us. these are friends that i am still close with today and consider my brother.

mason55 10-15-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't understand why this is applicable to this thread.

imported_anacardo 10-15-2005 06:11 PM

"DINK." For God's sake, do I need to draw you a diagram? 'Cause I've been known to do that.

mason55 10-15-2005 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"DINK." For God's sake, do I need to draw you a diagram? 'Cause I've been known to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Double Income No Kids.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Actually, I would appreciate if you drew me a diagram. That could be pretty funny.

gorie 10-15-2005 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
both my parents worked and its really not that difficult, before i started school i had my grandmother around. when i started school, i would go over to friends' houses and their mother would take care of us. these are friends that i am still close with today and consider my brother.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah that doesn't sound too bad, it's cool you had your grandma and friends mom around.

i feel lucky because my mom stayed at home to raise us. i really hate the idea of paying someone else to watch my kids, or working opposite shifts just to make things work.

a coworker of mine is about to enter into the situaton of working opposite shifts full time, i can't imagine how much that would suck.

mason55 10-15-2005 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah that doesn't sound too bad, it's cool you had your grandma and friends mom around.

i feel lucky because my mom stayed at home to raise us. i really hate the idea of paying someone else to watch my kids, or working opposite shifts just to make things work.

a coworker of mine is about to enter into the situaton of working opposite shifts full time, i can't imagine how much that would suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

my mom was a teacher. that was a perfect situation because she had pretty much the same hours as me.

gorie 10-15-2005 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blowing him 10x a day, cooking his food, bathing him and giving him massages, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

she sounds very lucky.