Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   i want to be a sub-affiliate under a reputable Party affiliate (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357247)

tripdad 10-14-2005 10:19 AM

Re: i want to be a sub-affiliate under a reputable Party affiliate

i realize this is the case, and that there is some risk to going this way. there is nothing stopping an affiliate from being under a large affiliate's umbrella and getting big percentages, plus being an actual sub for party, then giving customers the option of taking a smaller percent for a safer long term RB plan, because if trackers go offline, i can always get screenshots of pokertracker to determine what to pay out.

cookie 10-14-2005 10:22 AM

This post confuses me.

Is party rakeback possible or not?

Last I read was no,- have they changed their mind again?

Nicholasp27 10-14-2005 10:33 AM

it's not 'officially' or 'publicly' allowed...affiliates can't 'promote rakeback' on their sites

Soleo 10-14-2005 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's not 'officially' or 'publicly' allowed...affiliates can't 'promote rakeback' on their sites

[/ QUOTE ]
And also they soon will face that Party is giving big money away as personalized bonuses and subtract it from MGR. Which will obviously reduce aff. margins and rakeback payouts.

teddyFBI 10-14-2005 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i realize this is the case, and that there is some risk to going this way. there is nothing stopping an affiliate from being under a large affiliate's umbrella and getting big percentages, plus being an actual sub for party, then giving customers the option of taking a smaller percent for a safer long term RB plan, because if trackers go offline, i can always get screenshots of pokertracker to determine what to pay out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were only that easy. Mega-affiliates with hundreds of players aren't going to waste their time verifying PT stats if indiv trackers go offline (just like they didn't 4 months ago) -- instead they'll just tell you that their hands are tied and that you're out of luck.

_And1_ 10-14-2005 08:14 PM

And that is why some of the big rb-sites dont mind looking the other way and signing up alot of players couse if their trackers vanish their ending up with 100% of their players rake, all in all a done deal...

teddyFBI 10-14-2005 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And that is why some of the big rb-sites dont mind looking the other way and signing up alot of players couse if their trackers vanish their ending up with 100% of their players rake, all in all a done deal...

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.
happened 6 months ago.
will happen again.

morgant 10-14-2005 11:26 PM

ummm 6 months ago, if you are referring to PokerNow, we all lost our trackers, and received no future business.

tripdad 10-15-2005 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were only that easy. Mega-affiliates with hundreds of players aren't going to waste their time verifying PT stats if indiv trackers go offline (just like they didn't 4 months ago) -- instead they'll just tell you that their hands are tied and that you're out of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

but i am not a "major" affiliate by those standards. i do currently verify PT stats for a few players that i'd inadvertantly given duplicate tracking codes to (not party).