Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   buying real estate (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356077)

daryn 10-12-2005 12:00 PM

Re: buying real estate

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
If you don't have a job, how are you going to afford a place? Do you have liquid savings? They are definitely going to judge your ability to pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't have a job, but i do have income. i also have liquid savings.

zephed 10-12-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Walk in and light fire to 100K, and let them know you still have the bankroll for 30/60.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not just use that as down payment?

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter because your reputation as a hit and run artist will prevent you from getting a loan.

daryn 10-12-2005 12:01 PM

ok, everyone is talking up this "pre-approved" business, and i'm digging it. problem is i know nothing about any of this stuff. what does that even mean? sounds like a good first step though

nyc999 10-12-2005 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, everyone is talking up this "pre-approved" business, and i'm digging it. problem is i know nothing about any of this stuff. what does that even mean? sounds like a good first step though

[/ QUOTE ]

Do something like Lending Tree, or call a local bank. The mortgage officers will take you through a 10 - 15 minute interview. You'll need all your financial info, but it's relatively painless.

vulturesrow 10-12-2005 12:03 PM

The main thing is to hope they havent seen the hot tub pic or the parasailing pic.

Seriously, there are a lot of different options for financing right now. Make sure you do some research on the different options so you dont get snowballed. Also, what is your aim with this purchase? Investment, long term home, combination thereof?

daryn 10-12-2005 12:03 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Do something like Lending Tree, or call a local bank. The mortgage officers will take you through a 10 - 15 minute interview. You'll need all your financial info, but it's relatively painless.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just don't want to look silly when they ask "where do you work?"

mslif 10-12-2005 12:03 PM

A mortgage broker will tell you how much money a bank will be willing to lend you or "pre-approved for".

daryn 10-12-2005 12:04 PM

The main thing is to hope they havent seen the hot tub pic or the parasailing pic.

Seriously, there are a lot of different options for financing right now. Make sure you do some research on the different options so you dont get snowballed. Also, what is your aim with this purchase? Investment, long term home, combination thereof?

[/ QUOTE ]

just looking to live somewhere other than home w/ parents

peachy 10-12-2005 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
making urself not look like a bum so u CAN go into an office

[/ QUOTE ]

any way to make this a peachy-less thread? ty

[/ QUOTE ]

i am being very serious...before u even go looking for a mor. or a house change the fact that u look like a bum (as said by u). Your appearence will be very important...unless u have CASH to pay for this house all at once - this is not an option that im kidding about.

daryn 10-12-2005 12:05 PM

A mortgage broker will tell you how much money a bank will be willing to lend you or "pre-approved for".

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have to pay for this service?