Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   HU against baronzeus (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355625)

flawless_victory 10-11-2005 11:33 PM

Re: HU against baronzeus

IMO, most ppl peel way too much on the flop in these situations... if he had said that hes calling because he thinks Jhigh may be good and that his opponent is way out of line, fine. standard. tryiong to improve to third pair, or whatever, is a negative implied odds situations... i dont think he has enough here...
he hit his best card on the turn, and now he has Jhigh.

Shillx 10-11-2005 11:43 PM

Seems like a pretty clear call from here.

- 31 cards will give us something to either call or raise with on the turn

- There is some chance that our hand is good and will make it to showdown UI (and win)

- He might not bet on 4th street

blackize 10-11-2005 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can you elaborate some on the game over before you announce game over? id like for you to come out and say that you think making -ev calls for metagame purposes in heads up confrontations is -ev overall because thats what it sounds like everyone is saying. if its so easily black and white game over then this is what it implies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who isn't taking metagame into account for heads up play is wrong.

DMBFan23 10-11-2005 11:50 PM

read the hand kurosh played against neverwin (it's in kurosh's thread called "I quit poker" or something to that effect) where neverwin peeled on a two broadway, two flush board with like T4o. I don't know the context of that hand or this one in terms of the flow of the game, etc, but it seems that EV 'in a vacumn' doesn't apply headsup.

flawless_victory 10-11-2005 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
read the hand kurosh played against neverwin (it's in kurosh's thread called "I quit poker" or something to that effect) where neverwin peeled on a two broadway, two flush board with like T4o. I don't know the context of that hand or this one in terms of the flow of the game, etc, but it seems that EV 'in a vacumn' doesn't apply headsup.

[/ QUOTE ]neverwin was on tilt or playing too low or something... thats just bad.

flawless_victory 10-11-2005 11:54 PM

also that hand went 6 bets PF.

partygirluk 10-11-2005 11:57 PM

That hand was 6 bet preflop.

baronzeus 10-11-2005 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also that hand went 6 bets PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. neverwin was getting liek 13 to 1 or something. peeling getting 7:1 and 13:1 are two totally totally different things.

Entity 10-12-2005 12:02 AM

If his flop peel caused you to go on such crazy monkey tilt that you had to post this thread, I'd say it was +EV.

baronzeus 10-12-2005 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If his flop peel caused you to go on such crazy monkey tilt that you had to post this thread, I'd say it was +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

well it was HIS flop peel, it DID put me on tilt, but my tilt proceeded to net me $400.