Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Level 2 thinking: watching the affiliates watch you (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355410)

beta1607 10-11-2005 04:45 PM

Re: Level 2 thinking: watching the affiliates watch you

[ QUOTE ]
He's from my district

[/ QUOTE ]

He represents a state not a district. Thats a big difference between the House and Senate.

[ QUOTE ]
I told him please don't ban online poker as it's my quadraplegics son only source of income. I asked him if he really wanted to take away the livlihood of disabled people.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is not true - you are an [censored].

DMBFan23 10-11-2005 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying I am? Because I am not an affiliate, rakeback or otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, no, not you, the dude you replied to

10-11-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying I am? Because I am not an affiliate, rakeback or otherwise. Plus in any event, you idiot, my post was clearly critical of the poster who had been defending affilates not paying rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

bpb 10-11-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I work in internet advertising for a living and I also am quite familiar with online poker and affiliates. You are a non-rakeback paying affiliate and your bias is very obvious

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Suggesting that anyone with a differing opinion than yours must be a non-rakeback paying affiliate is simple minded.

Sniper 10-11-2005 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, those affiliates really are clueless. They seem to not think rakeback occurs, or at least have no idea its as widespread as it is. Those people who offer nothing back to their players make me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rakeback is not widespread!... The amount of players joining poker sites thru rakeback affiliates compared to the number coming from non-rakeback affiliates is small.

I don't know of any Amazon affiliates offering rakeback to people buying books thru their links, do you?

siccjay 10-11-2005 05:12 PM

The people on the forum are clueless.

BottlesOf 10-11-2005 05:15 PM

Good point. "widespread" as a realtive term. It's widespread here. I know rb affils who have hundreds of people under them, so low thousands total. I guess that's not that widespread in the grand scheme.

rlray216 10-11-2005 05:33 PM

I'm amazed that someone would actually call another forum a name like that. Many of the people posting in that forum are very successful and hardworking webmasters, and the forum is NOT made up entirely of non-rakeback paying affiliates.

Not only is your post and namecalling rude, but it's inaccurate.

I also consider it flaming and trolling, which isn't welcome on any forum that I know of.

rlray216 10-11-2005 05:37 PM

That's a brilliant move, since Kyl wants to make online poker clearly illegal. (Don't most of the people on this forum play online poker?)

Why would anyone think that John Kyl is going to do anything to help an online gambler?

JRussell 10-11-2005 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You all have no idea what affiliate marketing is....

...Rakeback affiliates basically use this process to give the rake back. Instead of an advertising payment, they just give the payment to the player. This is because they do not do any actual advertising because the player already knows about the site...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just plain wrong. Rake back affiliates are some of the biggest advertisers on 2+2. If they didn't advertise for the past year how would rake back be so popular and so many players already know about it?