Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Party rakeback (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355002)

pyroponic 10-11-2005 01:29 AM

Re: Party rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It appears that there is an excellent chance that many of us who have lost rakeback will now be able to get a rate of about 25%. I don't know about you guys, but this is awesome news.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf did these affiliates do to earn thousands of dollars from me? It was bad enough when they were earning 2.5% of my rake, but now they are going to be gouging us for 5% with the tacit approval of Party Poker. Unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree...it'd be so much better to say fuk the affiliates go directly through Dikshit.

10-11-2005 01:30 AM

I don't think we said that we were happy about Party dropping our rates to 25%; however, we are extremely happy to get 25% when we were scared of getting 0%.

My options that I was considering were

Absolure w/rakeback and bonus
Pokerstars w/lower rake structure
Partypoker w/o rakeback
Move up in limit :]

Possibly a combination of them all.

Oh, and you guys don't wackoff while playing? I get pretty sore after a 3 hour session.

Jeff W 10-11-2005 01:30 AM

All I gotta say is... Dikshit better stay out of my 'hood.

pyroponic 10-11-2005 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think we said that we were happy about Party dropping our rates to 25%; however, we are extremely happy to get 25% when we were scared of getting 0%.

My options that I was considering were

Absolure w/rakeback and bonus
Pokerstars w/lower rake structure
Partypoker w/o rakeback
Move up in limit :]

Possibly a combination of them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I think most of the $10/20 players here would continue to play on Party without rakeback before even thinking of playing on either Pokerstars or Absolute, so IMO 25% at this point is gold. But of course this is just my opinion.

Victor 10-11-2005 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Victor had a good idea there. I think that makes a lot of sense. Play higher stakes and less tables for me to counter the rake and lack of RB, while wacking off a lot more of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I thought, especially since they increase the rake recently from $2 to $3, although I think Victor might have been partially alluding to this thread:

Moving to full limit ring

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

i assure you i did not have that thread in mind.

i have actually already moved to 15/30 and 20/40 the last couple days along with scouting the 30/60. all the games look great actually.

Robk 10-11-2005 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wtf did these affiliates do to earn thousands of dollars from me? It was bad enough when they were earning 2.5% of my rake, but now they are going to be gouging us for 5% with the tacit approval of Party Poker. Unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

affiliates are like car salesmen. they have an incentive to take you on at any amount under what theyre receiving from party. so treat them like car salesmen.
step 1: go to affiliate a and get the best deal you can. tell them youll think about it.
step 2: go to affiliate b and say "someone offered me x%. will you beat that?" if they say no, forget them. but they wont, theyll say yes because theyd rather have less free money than nothing. if they say yes, tell them youll think about it. go back to affiliate a and repeat (or some new one if you want.)

with a tiny bit of work you should be able to secure yourself as close as you want to the % an affiliate is actually getting. and many will sweeten the pot with deals, contests, freerolls, etc.

since 25% is out there, affiliates (some at least) are getting 30 (edit: probably. im not an affiliate and dont know any personally). its a longshot, but 35 might be out there (if not right away then possible for some affiliates to attain.)

Jeff W 10-11-2005 02:04 AM

Robk,

Good post. This is what I did last time to get a good rate at Eurobet. This time, it seems that affiliates are colluding to keep the offers at 25%. At some point, it may not be worth it to try to squeeze an extra 2.5% out, because every day I don't play is $1-$2k down the drain.

And yes, there are affiliates out there getting 35% from Party right now(those with the highest MGRs).

-Jeff

etizzle 10-11-2005 02:10 AM

the reverse situation can also be true (if they were to collude)

depends on who can really afford to play hardball

pyroponic 10-11-2005 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the reverse situation can also be true (if they were to collude)

depends on who can really afford to play hardball

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically from what I see, Party is being more selective with the affiliates they are approving for rakeback deals, whereas when Empire and Eurobet around they were allowing everyone and their mothers to sign up anyone. The affiliate competition on the skins drove the players' rakeback percentages up, and the profit margins for the affiliates down. But now if there are many less affiliates through Party, they could implicitly collude to keep the rate at an "established" percentage. Why go into a price war and risk everything you have when you can sit back and keep everyone happy? Basically it's why Coke and Pepsi price the same for their 12 oz. cans and 20 oz. bottles. However, this is one possible scenario out of many. Ultimately Party has the power to basically choose which one will materialize.

Robk 10-11-2005 02:25 AM

jeffw,

youre right that were paying a price by waiting. but if youre right about 35% being out there it may be a matter of 7.5%+ , not 2.5%. and the cost of waiting isnt really as bad as you make it out to be. its a fraction of your earn as the skins network is still playable, and of course there are other options.

if affiliates were to collude, that would be a very difficult thing to enforce amongst themselves. i can keep a secret, and maybe some affiliates can too. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]