Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Most wanted PartyMine feature? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354843)

sthief09 10-11-2005 04:08 AM

a simple one

someone suggested it already, but to make sure it's in this thread here goes:

since party now allows 10 tables, I'd like to sometimes be able to split it up instead of having to choose between 10 or 0

sthief09 10-11-2005 04:10 AM

Re: Most wanted PartyMine feature?

[ QUOTE ]
Basically would combine your buddy lists from all skins that you mine and notify you when a buddy is on a table being mined.

I was thinking of also making it so you could auto join a wait list, I need to do more research on all of this to make sure that its not in violation of PP's T&C. I don't want to add some feature that will result in them shutting the whole thing down.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a good point, but do we know for a fact that party is ok with partymine? it's possible they just aren't detecting it right? maybe disguise your question to them and ask if you can create a program where, when you open up 10 tables, it tells you if any of your buddies are on. that's basically what it's doing

that said, I don't think the buddy tracker would be against the T&C.

sthief09 10-11-2005 05:24 AM

Re: a simple one

and another that's maybe more complicated

a backup limit. for example, right now I have two party accounts mining 10 tables of 30/60 each. but there are only 12 tables going so I still have 8 tables available. it would be nice if as a backup it would start mining 20/40

tizim 10-11-2005 05:51 AM

Buddy Tracker doesn't seem that useful to me. What advantages would it provide over simply searching for my buddies? It may be quicker for $30/60, where you can open all 10 or so tables at once to check if any buddies are online, but at $10/20 short, where there are many more tables to check, the search feature would be much more efficient IMO.

Am I missing something?

sthief09 10-11-2005 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Buddy Tracker doesn't seem that useful to me. What advantages would it provide over simply searching for my buddies? It may be quicker for $30/60, where you can open all 10 or so tables at once to check if any buddies are online, but at $10/20 short, where there are many more tables to check, the search feature would be much more efficient IMO.

Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of my buddies figured out how to block themselves from search. also, I don't have time to search while I'm playing. this feature would give me a popup whenever a buddy came on if I'm mining that table.

tizim 10-11-2005 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a lot of my buddies figured out how to block themselves from search.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, good point.

[ QUOTE ]
also, I don't have time to search while I'm playing. this feature would give me a popup whenever a buddy came on if I'm mining that table.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're mining on Party while you're playing, I assume you're doing so on a different Windows user account. If you're mining on a different Windows account, will PartyMine still notify you about the buddy?

sthief09 10-11-2005 11:30 AM

yeah good point. there are 2 options I guess. if you play 4 tables you can leave 6 others open. what I would do if the option was available is use my old computer that I use to datamine and mine for 10 tables. I would've worked better in the past though when I could run 5 skins at once.

sthief09 10-11-2005 11:32 AM

distributed mining across xp accounts...

is definitely working for me right now, though it seems only across 2 accounts even though I'm running 4. but the two that are sharing the same limit are definitely working, because one account only has 6 tables open since tehre are 16 total open now

MarkD 10-11-2005 12:03 PM

Re: distributed mining across xp accounts...

How does mining across multiple xp accounts work? You must need multiple party accounts as well correct? did you just sign up for a bunch of new play money accounts or soemthing else?

sthief09 10-11-2005 12:06 PM

Re: distributed mining across xp accounts...

[ QUOTE ]
How does mining across multiple xp accounts work? You must need multiple party accounts as well correct? did you just sign up for a bunch of new play money accounts or soemthing else?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can open a bunch of play money accounts I think, but you'd need to keep reformatting or finding clean computers, and only get 4 tables per screenname