Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $109 Party - Tough Situation - Er, I think... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354768)

Seadood228 10-10-2005 08:17 PM

Re: $109 Party - Tough Situation - Er, I think...

[ QUOTE ]
So many weak-tighties on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

So many winning players who know weak tight is fine this early in a sng.

This is a situaion where I wouldn't hesitate to get my chips in if this were an MTT, but in a SNG it's just too early to be gambling on coinflips. Sucks when the guy is betting a hand like AT, but with that action on the flop I think it's pretty rare.

That large flop bet doesn't leave you a lot to work with, I'd check fold this one as well.

curtains 10-10-2005 08:21 PM

Don't raise to 150, move allin if you want to play this pot. Once you are reraised you absolutely have to call the allin with a draw like that and 30% of your stack in.

valenzuela 10-10-2005 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So many weak-tighties on this board. You are more than min-raising that flop. You are poooooshing.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-10-2005 08:27 PM

Is that your first choice, or are you just telling me what I should have done, assuming I was committed to the hand? In other words, would you have folded on the flop, too? I think I agree that not moving all-in was a poor idea, but I'm still on the fence over whether or not folding on the flop would have been best.

curtains 10-10-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that this is a great flop for his hand, and I don't mind the preflop limp.

But what hand are you hoping to be against here? I think it's obvious he has two pair or better and is protecting the hand from straight and flush draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but to say its obvious your opponent has 2 pair or better shows that you don't play at the same tables I play. You are trying to apply reason to an opponent who is often going to be unreasonable.

10-10-2005 08:31 PM

Your numbers are pretty close.

You are behind T9 and TT and A9 and AA though... ahead of an 87o 2-pair by 10%.

I don't have any problem with giving him credit for more than a pair. And my experience with an overbet like this is that you have very little fold equity.

10-10-2005 08:39 PM

You're right. People do silly things. I see it all the time as well.

I still fold the flop though because there are very few hands that I have much of an edge against--- the min-raise is not good and should be a push if played.

10-10-2005 08:46 PM

Re: Results?

Did you get to see what he had?

microbet 10-10-2005 08:51 PM

The call at the end is easy.

His bet is freaking big and defies logic, so I don't wanna put him on a narrow range. Crazy people do crazy things. He could have a draw or a hand or nothing and just be thinking his bet is too scary for anyone to call with that board.

Bah, still I think it's a tough choice between push and fold.

10-10-2005 08:54 PM

Results...

Alright, seems like a good time to reveal the results... If I had to do it all over again, I think I'd just go ahead and fold the flop, even though it seems awfully close... As you can see from the results, the other guy in the hand, who called my initial raise, was also on a club draw, leaving me with two less outs.

Thanks all for the help,

Brass

Hero is all-In [585]
W is all-In [745]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qh ]
** Dealing River ** [ 2s ]
Hero shows [ Ac, 8c ] a pair of eights.
W shows [ Tc, Qc ] a pair of queens.
N shows [ 9s, 9d ] three of a kind, nines.
N wins 50 chips from side pot #2 with three of a kind, nines.
N wins 320 chips from side pot #1 with three of a kind, nines.
N wins 2725 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, nines.
Hero finished in tenth place.
W finished in ninth place.
Hero has left the table.