Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Drying wet shoes. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354007)

tonypaladino 10-09-2005 08:55 PM

Re: Drying wet shoes.

Stuff with newspaper and changer the paper every 2 or so hours. Also spray the sides of the soles with WD-40 (but dont get it on the botton unless you wanna kill yourself)

wacki 10-09-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i always put mine over a vent and then use the dryer for a short time IF i have to

[/ QUOTE ]

Vents are on the ceiling in the apt.

wacki 10-09-2005 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stuff with newspaper and changer the paper every 2 or so hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh... I tried papertowels. This process is a massive PITA. I went through rolls.....

[ QUOTE ]
Also spray the sides of the soles with WD-40 (but dont get it on the botton unless you wanna kill yourself)

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

Ray Zee 10-09-2005 09:50 PM

let them dry naturally is best. next best is on your feet. then if you cant wait a day get one of those two tube things that you put the boots on and blows air up them. i have one but never use it as my wet boots always dry enough at room temp by the time i need them next. not hot air as that will shrink them. never use hot air.
the newspaper works as well.

MrTrik 10-09-2005 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let them dry naturally is best. next best is on your feet. then if you cant wait a day get one of those two tube things that you put the boots on and blows air up them. i have one but never use it as my wet boots always dry enough at room temp by the time i need them next. not hot air as that will shrink them. never use hot air.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. If your shoes/boots will not dry naturally between uses then I would recommend buying two pair next time. That way one is drying and one is helping you conquer the world.

I own two pair for each season.

wacki 10-09-2005 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This may work fine in Montana but is a bit problematic at some of the places I go. The place I stay at in Cape Cod is very humid during the summer. Drying naturally at sea level isn't really an option.

tonypaladino 10-09-2005 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stuff with newspaper and changer the paper every 2 or so hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh... I tried papertowels. This process is a massive PITA. I went through rolls.....

[ QUOTE ]
Also spray the sides of the soles with WD-40 (but dont get it on the botton unless you wanna kill yourself)

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

The WD40 will draw the water out of the crevices.

benfranklin 10-09-2005 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

"WD" stands for Water Displacement. It was originally designed to prevent rust and oxidation.

wacki 10-09-2005 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The WD40 will draw the water out of the crevices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oil is hydrophobic not hydrophilic.

peachy 10-09-2005 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i always put mine over a vent and then use the dryer for a short time IF i have to

[/ QUOTE ]

Vents are on the ceiling in the apt.

[/ QUOTE ]

tie them up there by thier strings??

and if u dont wanna put them IN the dryer just turn ur dryer on and set them ontop upside down...itll do it faster than letting them dry naturally...i always hit them up with my hairdryer for a lil bit before i do this