Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Replacements (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353040)

goodguy_1 10-08-2005 10:47 AM

Re: The Replacements

too late to edit The Minutemen must be on that list of the most underated/underapprciated bands of that era.

Saw them in Phoenix w/Black Flag around 1984, At the time Phoenix was a great music town many Socal hardcore, roots rock and paisley underground bands ie Battalion of Saints, even LosLobos -at the time,X ,Blasters etc played often just to pay the bills..this was before hardcore/alternative rock was co-opted by the major labels..great time to be young and into music because the scene was so diverse and all the gigs were at a very high enery level.

Best show I ever saw in a bar was Los Lobos at Mason Jar Phoenix 1985-this was back when LosLobos rocked hard. That punk scene back then thu was pretty rough-everyone was so wasted.

The SouthWest rock scene of the time which gave birth to bands like TrueWest, Green on Red, LongRyders, THeBlasters were the precurser to what has now beome so popular ie Alt.Country,Americana-good old roots rock but with energy!

sfer 10-08-2005 10:49 AM

Their great appearance on SNL would suffice as well.

goodguy_1 10-08-2005 10:57 AM

they were my favorite band for a year or two! cant remember that was so long ago-haha jeesh that 20 years ago. I was in my early 20's just a kid-like must of the posters on here. This was before the internet-omfg

getting to be an old fvck haha

sfer 10-08-2005 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
too late to edit The Minutemen must be on that list of the most underated/underapprciated bands of that era.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real irony is that everyone in OOT has heard The Minutement because they all watched Jackass.

fnord_too 10-08-2005 11:04 AM

Sloppy Seconds is (was?) a very fun punk band from the 80's. Also, The Casandra Complex is cool, but more on the dark, industrial side.

rustyboy 10-08-2005 11:11 AM

Loved HuskerDu, and most especially their protegeies, the Meat Puppets.

goodguy_1 10-08-2005 11:12 AM

yes alot of these bands that were passed over during their early careers became critical favorites post facto. Ie JoyDivision, The Specials, X,Social Distortion,

Another underated band was Miracle Legion..The Untouchables were a great ska band that didnt get their due.

goodguy_1 10-08-2005 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sloppy Seconds

[/ QUOTE ]
or do you mean 7 Seconds- very good socal hardcore band if i recall. Yes Cassnadra Complex I have one of their albums hanging around.

PokerBob 10-08-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their great appearance on SNL would suffice as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

the clothes thing has to be one of the gretest moments of rock on TV.

StevieG 10-08-2005 12:25 PM

Whiskeytown, and others-

Who did "Closing Time?" It got a lot of local airtime and I think it's burned into my brain.