Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (11, 22) Bad run. Am I making bad decisions? Hand Samples (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352592)

SammyKid11 10-07-2005 05:20 PM

Re: (11, 22) Bad run. Am I making bad decisions? Hand Samples

Tl;dr - also, post more than 9 times a month and you won't have to unload ALL of these hands on us at once, because you'll be active reading and responding on these boards every day and will learn by reading similar situations from other people. Buy SnGPT's to help with the push/fold cases (that way you can post just the really marginal/intersting hands where decisions are close) Also, 24 games??? 4% ROI is certainly nothing to be upset about over 24 games. In fact, -40% ROI is nothing to be upset about over 24 games.

JudoGirl 10-07-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its really hard to give feedback because you posted so many hands that i dont want to take the time to scroll up, reread the hand, scroll down and give feedback. put fewer hands in ur next post and maybe you will get more interest...

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for your comment. the problem with posting 1 or 2 hands is that they are taken in isolation and miss the bigger context of how someone is playing in certain conditions. You can't find patterns or systemic problems. Of course, the problem with posting multiple hands is that some people don't want to bother. So you can post multiple hands and try to get meaningful feedback, or post 1 or 2 hands and settle for random, isolated feedback.

It is hard to give good, meaningful feedback. But thanks for looking.

JudoGirl 10-07-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have had 3 10 OOTM streaks this week and I expect it to be a daily thing, so cheer up and remember when you are losing money, I am losing it 10x faster with 10x better odds. Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe. It's not really the losing money that's so bad, but just want to see if anyone sees some systemic problems. I haven't tried to SnGPT. Maybe I'll give that a try--good advice!

SammyKid11 10-07-2005 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you can post multiple hands and try to get meaningful feedback, or post 1 or 2 hands and settle for random, isolated feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

The vast majority of hands are isolated incidents. Either you played the hand properly or you didn't. Sure, there are playing styles and table image issues, but generally speaking, there is a correct way to play a hand (maybe 2 equally correct ways) and a bunch of incorrect ways to play it.

The Vast Majority on these boards have learned by discussing one hand at a time -- maybe they post lots of hands over a short period, but they keep the discussions separate so that responders don't have to spend an hour dissecting a group of hands (because most of us simply won't do that) -- and it helps get more intensified discussions about the hand in question.

Hand-by-hand is really not at all a bad way to learn. If you want someone to do a thorough analysis of how you play, you can hire one of the real studs of the forum to review and critique some full hand histories for you (or you can edit together many hands you consider important for a critique of how you're playing the most critical hands). But with most of the guys you'd want doing that (Curtains, irie, raptor, gigabet, and others), you would definitely have to pay them for their services.

ThaHero 10-07-2005 05:30 PM

Whole lot of hands here. A couple of these are folds, like getting re-raised. Also I just don't like betting Ace high flops with undercards.

Another thing to remember. Don't let your chip stack get so low that you can't steal. Then you end up going all-in with marginal hands and frequently run into premium or above avergage hands that bust you.

Lastly, if trying to steal, always try to be the first one in. If you know for a fact someone has garbage and will raise with garbage, I guess you could go for it. But if someone is raising, you generally want to have a better hand than usual to try re-raising.

Slim Pickens 10-07-2005 07:09 PM

Your bubble push/fold looks fine. Calling a raise with K9s from the BB is not OK unless you're auto-pushing the flop. On those early situations, if you think you're ahead, raise a lot. That minraise with the PP has to get called. If you really think your opponent has nothing, make a real raise. A lot of TPnK hands will fold there as well, in which case you stole one. If you're right and your opponent has nothing, you won't get any more chips in the pot unless your tricky play allows your opponent to draw out on you.