Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How bad do I play? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352143)

Pog0 10-07-2005 02:04 AM

Re: How bad do I play?

What's your action if Villian checks the river?

After getting check-raised twice and led into, calling looks most viable. Folding is not an option, and raising just doesn't seem worth it here, because if you're beat, you're 3-bet and you're calling aren't you?

elmo 10-07-2005 02:28 AM

PT question: general info- more detail... click the box that says not to count preflop

Shandrax 10-07-2005 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In case you haven't ever played a game that I'm in, I've been known to be a little aggressive. According to PT my aggression factor is upwards near 4, right around 3.8ish.

Party Poker 100/200 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $100.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.
River: (11.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ?.

~stephen

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible opponent hands:
6-6 = *eliminated* no pre-flop raise
T-T
Q-Q
K-K
A-A
A-Js = *eliminated* no check-raise on the flop
K-Qs
A-K = chopped pot
A-Qs = *eliminated* check-raise on the turn unlikely

This leaves us with:
A-A = 1 combination
K-K = 1 combination
T-T = 3 combinations
Q-Q = 3 combinations
K-Qs = 6 combinations
A-K = 4 combinations

You win 6/18 of the cases, chop 4/18 of the cases and lose 8/18 of the cases.

You are an underdog, but with 12.25:1 pot-odds it's a call.

To make a value bet on the river you need to win 55% of the cases when you get called. Here your chances are less than 50% (3:4) and you will always get called. He will not lay down a better hand.

DeeJ 10-07-2005 05:58 AM

hmm there's all sorts of reasons why villain might not cap the turn but bet the river with KQ if he thought he was up against AJ but the A falls which made AJ more unlikely? Or he wanted to try to get Hero to fold AK whilst he is representing a Jack himself - and also holding 2 pair anyway?

I'd think this is a fairly easy call. Some of the time you're losing to TT. Some of the time you'll chop with AK. Occasionally you'll beat KQ or a bluff. It would certainly be a brave laydown with a big pot like that, and raising seems like spewing given the number of hands you're behind.

Buckshot 10-07-2005 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact he has been trying to get as many bets in as possible on every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't he cap the turn?

~stephen

Buckshot 10-07-2005 08:44 AM

It's HIGHLY unlikely I'm betting this particular river, but I've been known to do worse.

~stephen

Buckshot 10-07-2005 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6-6 = *eliminated* no pre-flop raise
A-Js = *eliminated* no check-raise on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

He did raise preflop and he did check raise the flop.

~stephen

Buckshot 10-07-2005 08:53 AM

Results

I'm actually a little surprised no one said anything about my bet and reraise on the turn. That's where I thought I played this hand badly. I'm behind most legitamite hands here and "hopefully" chopping the other times.

The river is an easy call.

Anyway, I took the pot down. My opponent had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Thanks for all the responses.

~stephen