Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Enjoy my Poker Blog (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352126)

pooh74 10-06-2005 11:04 PM

Re: Enjoy my Poker Blog

Nice...I love reading these.

thx Curtains,

you da man

Scuba Chuck 10-06-2005 11:11 PM

You're f.ing crazy. You're up late, and up at 5AM to post on your blog? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Anyway, so can we expect to find you posting in the small stakes forum?

curtains 10-06-2005 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well when you can make 100k in 3 months I don't see why you should feel the need to work all that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah I didn't make quite 100k in 3 months, but ok I had a decent bankroll before this. I don't really want to work, I just want to be world champion...but I cant be if I sit around and never play. It's not the best strategy somehow...

(Note that when I say World Champion, I don't actually mean World Champion)

Oluwafemi 10-06-2005 11:26 PM

yeah curtains...

[ QUOTE ]
you live in philly? what area?

[/ QUOTE ]

what part of Philly do you live in? i used to live in Germantown off Woodlawn Street. i got family that lives in Southwest, Cheltenham, Germantown, Mount Airy and Chester, Pa.

10-06-2005 11:35 PM

Re: yeah curtains...

i live in west philly with a couple friends right now (i go to drexel univ). I work in flourtown on my co-op which is right up there in chester

Bluff Daddy 10-06-2005 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 months. But okay I was playing $215s before I played the $22s. I just dropped down to learn how to 8 table. Also I was not so great at the $215s before I learned how to 8 table.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what secrets did you learn to 8 tabling

Irieguy 10-06-2005 11:44 PM

If you want to be world champion at everything, why do you only want to play holdem?

Do you not like the other games, or just feel like all the money is in holdem?

The main reason I ask is because if you continue to succeed at the highest levels, eventually you will want to win WSOP bracelets... and a lot of events are in non-holdem games.

Irieguy

Bluff Daddy 10-06-2005 11:47 PM

what I dont get is if you really understand poker you shouldnt give a damn about winning a wsop bracelet right?

curtains 10-06-2005 11:49 PM

I agree that at some point its important to learn other games. There is no reason I shouldn't be able to properly read my hand in Omaha/8. I just think I have too much that I need to learn in holdem games to worry about those games yet.

Since I already have some knowledge in this area, it should be easier to pick those up. Although really I never really had huge success in ring games, almost all of my bankroll was built through tournaments.

curtains 10-06-2005 11:50 PM

Re: yeah curtains...

[ QUOTE ]
i live in west philly with a couple friends right now (i go to drexel univ). I work in flourtown on my co-op which is right up there in chester

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom works at Drexel as a Chem professor. I will be moving to Center City on Lombard St.