Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   who wants to gamble with James??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=351522)

10-06-2005 05:26 AM

Re: who wants to gamble with James???

Not quite, best case is he is favourite, against:

43 no heart he has 53% equity

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] he has 35.2%

66 no heart he has 40.3%

He needs about 46% equity to call

If dcfer can take hearts out of his hand range then he can call. After all, doesn't this look a lot like and overbet with 'the nuts'? How else would he play 34o?

then again the 2 would probably not have been X-ed out in the OP if this were the case

fsuplayer 10-06-2005 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I fold to his push every time. I can't believe so many people are calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

greg nice 10-06-2005 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

im sure a few of you would call here and most of you would fold. it doesn't matter what i did im just curious what % of MHNL wants to put it in on a flip

[/ QUOTE ]

this is no where near a flip a very large % of the time

Yeti 10-06-2005 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Niwa 10-06-2005 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leptyne 10-06-2005 11:36 AM

Since I voted fold there doesn't seem to be much else to say. This is not a coin flip. I can't find a single post that has a sound reason for calling.

The flop raise does not look like a rational play.

DcifrThs 10-06-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you raise the flop? I fold to his push every time. I can't believe so many people are calling. I knew Party games ruled, but....

[/ QUOTE ]

i knew the flop raise was bad the second i made it...the limit part of me did it. its a clear call b/c if i raise i just priced myself out of the hand a good portion of the time...whereas in limit that hand is worth a cap w/ 2 players there.

plus james isn't exactly what id call passive.

Barron

DcifrThs 10-06-2005 12:53 PM

RESULTS

I folded. and hated myself for raising.

turns out i was a 50.2% favorite...the very definition of a coin flip.

James had 6h4h for a pair + straight + flush draw. and i was the very definition of a coin flip.

Barron

chuddo 10-06-2005 02:26 PM

Re: RESULTS

and that is the very definition of being in one of the best possible spots against his push.

calling an all-in preflop with 22 will put you in a flip some % of the time against an AK.

BobboFitos 10-06-2005 02:31 PM

I dont mind your flop raise as everyone else does, but it seems in your posts you arent really raising enough (fwiw I think people think the flop raise was bad because of what happened in the hand...) You made it 120 more into a pot of 320. This is simply not enough.