Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Texas vs. Oklahoma (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350845)

Vince Young 10-05-2005 05:38 PM

Re: Texas vs. Oklahoma

[ QUOTE ]
This game looks like one of those revenge rivalry games where the better team just wipes out the inferior team by multiple touchdowns to make up for the losing streak.

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko 10-05-2005 05:44 PM

i don't see this.

yes, i think texas is going to win the game but not by the 13 1/2 that they are getting and not by the blowout everyone is thinking.

if you think about it the only team that has given UT any trouble has been ohio state and this is b/c if you have athletic/fast linebackers to act as spy's then you can shut down the option left/option right that they are going to run every play. middle of the field and up front hasn't been where OU has had their problems, they have been beaten by the deep ball (which we all know vince can't throw) and turnovers. so i think if OU can protect the ball it will be close for 3 quarters but then the more talented, athletic, and experienced team will pull away in the 4th.

i just don't see how this game is going to be a wash. maybe i am just hoping this since i will be on the 50 4th row. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Vince Young 10-05-2005 06:08 PM

You can't really compare OU's linebackers to Ohio State's. They're fast, but are not nearly the tacklers that Hawk, Carpenter, and Schlegel are. Vince does throw a good deep ball, it's the short/medium passes through the middle that he sucks at. He can certainly throw it better than anyone OU has faced so far.

You're right, if OU can protect the ball it should be close for most of the game. That's a huge if, though. I say Texas by 28.

tdarko 10-05-2005 06:14 PM

are you going to be there?

Vince Young 10-05-2005 06:16 PM

Not this year. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

tdarko 10-05-2005 06:20 PM

bummer, you are going to be missing those great corndogs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

SinCityGuy 10-05-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt Nordgren is going to start? I've got to get down on OU +14 before the line drops!

Vince Young 10-05-2005 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt Nordgren is going to start? I've got to get down on OU +14 before the line drops!

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but he'll probably be in midway through the 3rd, and not because Vince is injured. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

wonderwes 10-06-2005 07:59 PM

Also the offensive coordinator for Texas is horrid. Now we have stars on offensive (V. Young, great offensive lines, 3 premiere RB's that can also catch decent passes). Our play calling is really bland. I mean really. Past several years vs. OU when we had the great WR Roy Williams, we did nothing put quick 5 yard slant passes, where OU's Secondary and LB would swarm around, and our guy wouldn't make many YAC. Our overall play calling is pretty predictable. You almost know for certain by our formation if we will pass/run. Very little play action, very little screens. Not much variety.

V. Young has a good arm, but its not perfect. Some of the passes made, certainly in the Ohio St. game, were made by freak catches of our young receievers just grabbing balls by their fingertips and somehow being able to pull them down.

You have probably heard plenty on V. Young from the college football hype machine, but this kid is just too big to be a QB. 6'5", 230+ lbs, and when the kid gets in the open field, he runs like a horse. His legs are so tall his running stance makes it near impossible for someone to chase him down.

If Texas builds a lead but OU is still within reach, Texas will try to run the ball through the entire 2nd half for clock management.

I say TX wins by 10.

tdarko 10-07-2005 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also the offensive coordinator for Texas is horrid. Now we have stars on offensive (V. Young, great offensive lines, 3 premiere RB's that can also catch decent passes). Our play calling is really bland. I mean really. Past several years vs. OU when we had the great WR Roy Williams, we did nothing put quick 5 yard slant passes, where OU's Secondary and LB would swarm around, and our guy wouldn't make many YAC. Our overall play calling is pretty predictable. You almost know for certain by our formation if we will pass/run. Very little play action, very little screens. Not much variety.

V. Young has a good arm, but its not perfect. Some of the passes made, certainly in the Ohio St. game, were made by freak catches of our young receievers just grabbing balls by their fingertips and somehow being able to pull them down.

You have probably heard plenty on V. Young from the college football hype machine, but this kid is just too big to be a QB. 6'5", 230+ lbs, and when the kid gets in the open field, he runs like a horse. His legs are so tall his running stance makes it near impossible for someone to chase him down.

If Texas builds a lead but OU is still within reach, Texas will try to run the ball through the entire 2nd half for clock management.

I say TX wins by 10.

[/ QUOTE ]
i say this is close to perfect.

then again you never know, OU could show up and completely fold. i just don't see option left option right blwing OU out by 28.