Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A6o vs 2+2er (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350703)

wheelz 10-05-2005 12:45 PM

Re: A6o vs 2+2er

[ QUOTE ]
I call. I don't even think about it that much. Probably because you have a pair.

Krishan - 102

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you.

10-05-2005 12:46 PM

You call because you think villain was checkraising a lone ace or club draw? I dont really like it--I think a lot of villains will make a continuation bet on the turn when they're taking this line. This smells a lot more like a pocket pair, middle pair, or weak queen. I dont think you're good on the river very often against a decent player.

wheelz 10-05-2005 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking it's either FPS (fluffed CR) with a made hand, or he got scared of the King with his pair of Queens or Tens and has gone into call down mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

think he has a scared pair of queens or tens 81% of the time?

10-05-2005 01:38 PM

I'm I nuts to consider betting the turn and folding to a raise? He can still fear a king if he has a ten or queen and is likely to give you a free showdown if he does call the turn. Maybe he has nothing and is giving up on the hand once you call his flop raise.

krishanleong 10-05-2005 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm I nuts to consider betting the turn and folding to a raise? He can still fear a king if he has a ten or queen and is likely to give you a free showdown if he does call the turn. Maybe he has nothing and is giving up on the hand once you call his flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not terrible but you forgo the chance to river trips or two pair.

Krishan - 109

wheelz 10-05-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan - 109

[/ QUOTE ]

i also have a gutshot straight draw.

krishanleong 10-05-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan - 109

[/ QUOTE ]

i also have a gutshot straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

That too.

Krishan - 110

wheelz 10-05-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking it's either FPS (fluffed CR) with a made hand, or he got scared of the King with his pair of Queens or Tens and has gone into call down mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

think he has a scared pair of queens or tens 81% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

too late to edit... but i see what you're saying now. using the word "fluff" confused me [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

10-05-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan - 109

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he raises, which doesn't happen as often as you'd think in this spot. If he calls, you get to make those hands with river position and check when he has you beat on a turn call. Say you have a ten or a queen in villain's spot. Do you like getting bet into OOP on the turn? Hell, you might even fold tens.

Wheelz has position in this hand and needs to use it.

wheelz 10-05-2005 01:49 PM

well if he checkraised the turn i'd be getting 7.25:1. can i really fold to a raise?