Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Open push 20x BB? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350092)

MicroBob 10-04-2005 09:18 AM

Re: Open push 20x BB?

Reminds me of the Party $500k on Sunday.

3 hands in a row I get AJo (LP), AA and AA.
I raise 4x, 3x, 3x each hand.
I only stole the blinds each freaking time.

On my 3rd raise somebody commented 'LOL - you sure love to steal the blinds don't you?' or something like that....but even that comment didn't provoke anyone to play back at me.

In your situation...if it's the opening hour of a rebuy then I'm DEFINITELY pushing all-in here.

If someone has commented/complained about my steals and I think they are ready to take a stand then I might give it a shot and hope that they have any-ace and just want to 'play the odds that I can't possibly have an ace every time.'

Koss 10-04-2005 09:25 AM

What buy-in tournament is this? If you're worried about players outmaneuvering you post flop, then I'm just guessing that they aren't the type of players that will call an open push from MP1 w/AJ. They might want to, but I'm not too sure anyone is pulling the trigger with any less than AQ here, and that's if you're lucky. At a table full of donks who can't wait to get their chips in the middle, then I could justify pushing, but not here.

If I have a LAG table image and pick up AK, I'm making a standard raise, then going all the way with TPTK. You're too likely to get played back at if you miss the flop because no one expects you to have much, and in that case you don't. I'm not making a continuation bet here, because you're going to get played with wide varieties of hands postflop, and you'll want a strong holding yourself. You'll most likely be out of position unless the blinds come in, and even then I'll likely check behind hoping to make my hand on the turn. You've reduced your opponents calling requirements with your previous play, so you can't be so sure that your AK is good on any flop that doesn't contain an A or K, and you'll likely get action either way. In circumstances like those I'm check/folding AK on the flop. If I can pick up something that indicates weakness, I might raise, but I'll let go a weak hand postflop when I know my opponents are looking for a chance to punish me for my "loose" play.

KingDan 10-04-2005 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If they play back then there wont be a flop will there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get what that means..

But yes i pretty much am complaining that i think i'd get outplayed on the flop too often. Guess i'll try what you said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty often someone will be like "[censored] you stop raising so god damn much and spite re-raise you. Then you go allin, and they do not have a chance to steal the pot from you.

Jason Strasser 10-04-2005 03:48 PM

This is pretty standard.

You should pick up on the fact that people do not think you are full of [censored] if you steal a few times in a row. People are much less likely to make a move on you in my experience unless the blinds are truly big (IE 10bb stacks). I often steal in bunches.

-Jason