Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   When do I stop raising? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349761)

Greg J 10-03-2005 07:49 PM

Re: RESULTS

That happens to us all sometimes. One time there was this maniac -- i mean a stone cold psychopath at 1/2 Party several months ago. This cat was capping every street. He would have like T3o, cap preflop. Flop is AJ7 -- he caps that street, and don't you know he would get running T and 3 (raising all the way) and take down a monster pot.

So one hand I got him with QQ. Flop is Q32r. This cat caps preflop and the flop with J8o. Turn: T. Caps that street. River, of course: 9. I cap that street too.

Poker sucks sometimes. You learn to get over it. You played this hand well.

10-03-2005 07:49 PM

Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
put him on your buddy list. He wants to give you a lot of money. He just needs more chances

[/ QUOTE ]

BUMP

DoomSlice 10-03-2005 07:56 PM

Re: When do I stop raising?

Sorry, button dropped off on the turn.

10-03-2005 08:57 PM

(grunching)
Rainbows are pretty.

He's obviously spewing, so maybe he'll figure it out, and slow down on the river. I say don't give him a free SD. Bet, 3-bet, and call a cap, if the board doesn't pair. Eh, maybe some will go for the c/r with this kind of LAG, since he capped the turn.

I can't see any hand that has you beat at the river, unless he has a set and the board pairs. Judging by your read, that is unlikely. What is his post-flop aggression?

10-03-2005 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain in this hand is 80/50/11

[/ QUOTE ]
The 80 part makes me think he might actually be limping 85 UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dude didn't limp--he raised.

10-03-2005 11:57 PM

Noone folds this preflop? I know I do.

I dunno about the river, probably cap. He could be in there with anything pf and i would be most likely see best case chopping though, so maybe just bet/call.

Student Caine 10-04-2005 12:37 AM

I think you cap here and cap the river if the board doesn't get scary (i.e., no pair and no 5).

Given his desire to raise preflop (50%?!) I think we could very well be looking at a split pot here, seeing as how x5s is a hand he would play, but not raise. Obviously a small PP could be something he has (or even 67). With an AF of 11(wow!) he could have anything here, most of which you beat.

Student Caine 10-04-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Noone folds this preflop? I know I do.

I dunno about the river, probably cap. He could be in there with anything pf and i would be most likely see best case chopping though, so maybe just bet/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is BB.

DCWildcat 10-04-2005 02:23 AM

Cap. A lot.