Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Rebluff (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349022)

Derek in NYC 10-03-2005 11:07 AM

Re: The Rebluff

[ QUOTE ]
If youre 3 bet is called, you will have to bet the river no matter what card hits except the Jack of diamonds and the six of diamonds, since the pot will be big enough to justify another bet in the hopes that the villain was drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think king high has enough showdown value here that it isn't necessary to bet the river. I think you'll run into pairs that will call way more often than you will run into ace-high. (Dont you think ace high three-bets this preflop if he's deciding to defend?)

crunchy1 10-03-2005 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not! On the button I would consider raising, but from CO this is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're wrong.

BigEndian 10-03-2005 11:24 AM

I think this is putting too many chips in the pot without reason to do so. He can have a wide variety of hands that will call you here and proably even call the river. When you swing the peen like this you want an immediate fold the vast majority of the time.

But it seems you feel proud of the play. If it worked for you this time, that's good to hear.

- Jim

BigEndian 10-03-2005 11:26 AM

K9o is well within the range for CO stealing hands for average buttons and blinds.

- Jim

krimson 10-03-2005 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think there is really that huge of a difference between the CO and Button? When you raise from the CO the button will fold 90%+ of the time, assuming your practicing good seat selection.

So how is K9o -ev from the CO, but +ev on the button?

10-03-2005 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If youre 3 bet is called, you will have to bet the river no matter what card hits except the Jack of diamonds and the six of diamonds, since the pot will be big enough to justify another bet in the hopes that the villain was drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think king high has enough showdown value here that it isn't necessary to bet the river. I think you'll run into pairs that will call way more often than you will run into ace-high. (Dont you think ace high three-bets this preflop if he's deciding to defend?)

[/ QUOTE ]
You have made a very good point, but once the river comes, the pot will be large enough where I simply will not want to take the chance that my opponent has ace high or even a better king high. Also there are many Ace highs that a typical opponent would just call with in the BB against a steal, A2,A3,A4,A5,A6,A7,A8,AT. Betting the river is still debatable since the villain may not even fold ace high, but the pot is large enough where I am willing to bet the river and take that chance.

onegymrat 10-03-2005 02:16 PM

Has no one even noticed the brilliant coinage of "rebluff"? This plays along the same lines as Elaine Benes' coinage of "regift".

BTW, nice move. I hope he laid it down. It's hard enough for me to "bluff" so the "rebluff" is something I need to work on.

bobbyi 10-03-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has no one even noticed the brilliant coinage of "rebluff"? This plays along the same lines as Elaine Benes' coinage of "regift".

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh. I much perfer Abdul Jalib's term for this play: The "[censored]-you-I-don't-believe-you-either reraise".

baronzeus 10-03-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you are hilarious

W. Deranged 10-03-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd just like to point out how expensive I think this is. That's all.

[/ QUOTE ]