Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Folding AA for one more in a big pot (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347913)

Saborion 10-01-2005 10:13 AM

Re: Folding AA for one more in a big pot

[ QUOTE ]
Check the flop.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone care to explain why?

Justin A 10-01-2005 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check the flop.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's a great flop for him and he can checkraise the field since UTG1 capped and will most likely bet again.

tonysoldier 10-01-2005 02:00 PM

Check turn and river, call for one bet and fold for two on either street.

10-01-2005 02:18 PM

Logically speaking there is no way you can be ahead here. This is a good routine fold. You must call the turn for your two pair outs, and once you dont improve on the river, there is no way you can win. I know its a big pot, but when you know you are dead there is no reason to lose one more BB. The argument for calling would be that even though there is no logical way you can have the best hand, there may be enough money in the pot to call hoping the villain played illogically(eg he misclicked/misread his hand) or somehow how the villain had AQ or KK and played them very akwardly. I would fold in this situation despite the large pot odds if i had no read on my opponent.

arkady 10-01-2005 03:25 PM

I would check-raise the flop, but since thats not what ur asking...truly, that is a very difficult fold for me to make. It can't be out of the question that button is raising QK on the turn. He can also have KK or some paint variation.

Furthermore, I think you got UTG+1 beaten bad here.

BarronVangorToth 10-01-2005 06:18 PM

Think about the Party 30 game.

Will AA be the best hand 5% or more of the time in this spot?

Yes.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

gildwulf 10-01-2005 06:48 PM

Get to showdown as cheaply as possible from the turn to the river.

Barry 10-01-2005 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check the flop.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's a great flop for him and he can checkraise the field since UTG1 capped and will most likely bet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted almost the same exact situation a little while back and took the c/r route. That line didn't go over well with Dcfr and James.

Strange....

Saborion 10-02-2005 02:54 AM

Given the pot size our main priority should be to try to win it, but unless UTG+1 will raise with AK or JJ here if we bet a check is better? Either UTG+1 will bet and we can check-raise the field and get as much money in there as possible. Or it's checked around to someone in LP who bets and we check-raise and possibly narrow the field a bit? Either way works out fine?

ggbman 10-02-2005 03:59 PM

Results...

Button had AK, KK and JQ were also out there. I am surpised that some people objected to the river fold, but not the turn bet, which was iffy (although it allowed me to fold the river UI)