Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   don't know anything about macs, help? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347541)

steelcmg 09-30-2005 09:59 AM

Re: don\'t know anything about macs, help?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are your drivers for getting a Mac instead of sticking with a pc?

[/ QUOTE ]

well i havent decided yet, but i know some people (although they use theirs primarily for school) who really like their iBooks so i figured i would at least look into them.

would pretty much all p**** related software not work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct i think there are only like 3 sites that work

Shajen 09-30-2005 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are your drivers for getting a Mac instead of sticking with a pc?

[/ QUOTE ]

well i havent decided yet, but i know some people (although they use theirs primarily for school) who really like their iBooks so i figured i would at least look into them.

would pretty much all p**** related software not work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apple freaks love all things related to Apple. They make a great product, like I said, but if poker is your main thing, you'll be limited to a few sites. (At least for now)

FouTight 09-30-2005 10:08 AM

I have a new theory on MAC...

They cost so goddamn much that people are afraid to admit they don't actually like it after they just got raped on the cost.

Instead of looking like a fool, they just talk about how great it is, even though they can't run any good programs and if they break anything, are going to have to dish out an other arm, in addition to the arm and the leg they already shelled out for it.

MarkL444 09-30-2005 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a new theory on MAC...

They cost so goddamn much that people are afraid to admit they don't actually like it after they just got raped on the cost.

Instead of looking like a fool, they just talk about how great it is, even though they can't run any good programs and if they break anything, are going to have to dish out an other arm, in addition to the arm and the leg they already shelled out for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ironically the reasonable price was one of the reasons i was interested.

SL__72 09-30-2005 10:26 AM

I think the only p* site you can play at with a mac is p* room (because of their browser based software option).

ChipWrecked 09-30-2005 10:27 AM

Seems to me that unless you have a specific reason for a Mac, like you do lots of graphics or something, why bother going against the tide of the rest of the world.

Los Feliz Slim 09-30-2005 11:37 AM

I am a Mac guy. I have a G5 iMac at home and tons of Mac Mini's and eMac's at my business. I use them because they are much more intuitive to me, especially when it comes to networking. Diagnosing Mac problems is very easy.

About 6 months ago I bought a Dell laptop specifically for the game we do not mention. I had been using Virtual PC on the Mac, and it's not an alternative. I have a fast computer with a ton of memory and I still couldn't run everything I needed to run.

I expected to hate the Dell but I don't. There have been only two or three occasions when it's inexplicably stopped working.

If you're going to get a Mac, wait until next year when they switch to Intel chips. When I want Mac advice I go to macrumors.com, where all the people who drank the Kool-Aid will keep you updated on the latest Mac developments.

EDIT: Let me reiterate for emphasis, if you plan on playing the game we do not mention, stop considering a Mac.

Duke 09-30-2005 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to get a Mac, wait until next year when they switch to Intel chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. They'll end up with a good port of vmware and you'll be able to play to your heart's content for a few games at least. VPC sucks for that.

~D

09-30-2005 11:51 AM

Mac = 90% of programs won't work the rest you will have to buy new versions of. They are great for anyone with a 3d graphics use other than that they are not for home use without a ton of headaches...

if you do end up buying one I want to see you back here in a month telling us how you tossed it out the window on a brige after running it over with a fire truck.

TheBlueMonster 09-30-2005 12:10 PM

bat. life. These things suck juice really quickly. Other than that, nothing. Mac OS is so much better than PC. Faster and less crashes.