Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   None of this felt right. AJo (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346382)

benkath1 09-28-2005 07:56 PM

Re: None of this felt right. AJo

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop, fold the flop. You're a dog against the pfr's range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I would think a CO raise could be quite a few hands. Now if it were UTG raising, yeah.

I'm leaning more towards 3 betting preflop, than folding. Might get EP to fold and see a 4 card flop.

@bsolute_luck 09-29-2005 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm leaning more towards 3 betting preflop, than folding. Might get EP to fold and see a 4 card flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you say you can't play 6-max. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

OP: preflop is read-based. but it is definitely a raise/fold situation. hand changes from there.

TomBrooks 09-29-2005 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]OP: preflop is read-based. but it is definitely a raise/fold situation. hand changes from there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero having the button inclines me to three bet.

Innocentius 09-29-2005 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop, fold the flop. You're a dog against the pfr's range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I would think a CO raise could be quite a few hands. Now if it were UTG raising, yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a good, agressive player, this may be true, but against an unknown at these limits, I think its a clear fold. The typical opponent is loose but passive, and not particularly position-aware. Therefore I think AJo does play very poorly against the likely range of hands of the raiser.

cognito20 09-29-2005 09:59 AM

Even on the button, cold-calling a raiser and a limper with AJo is just asking for trouble unless they're both loosey-gooseys or maniacs, and even in that rare case I'd reraise rather than call and take control. As a few others have said, against people who have some idea what they're doing you're dominated too often for the cold-call to be +EV. Muck it preflop and don't feel bad about it.

--Scott

deception5 09-29-2005 10:25 AM

Raise preflop.

Roadstar 09-29-2005 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be true if CO were open raising (folded to him). However, MP2 already limped before him, making a steal less likely. Clear fold preflop (unless its a 6 max table)

Student Caine 09-29-2005 11:30 AM

Without a read I fold this preflop. The only thing that might possibly keep me in here is the fact that it is a .05/.10 cent game on Stars...but imo the threat of domination is just too good without a read.

On the flop, you have your overcard outs, but there is redraw potential and with the PF raise you can't be totally comfortable with your A outs (or even your J outs for fear of an overpair). The only thing is that the pot is pretty good size here. If (and this is a big if) I am going to stay in here then I am going to raise...if I get re-raised I am done...if I don't and it gets checked to me on a UI turn I am probably going to take a free card to try and improve. All-in-all though I think you are better off dropping this.

I'm not sure how wise this advice is, but if I can recall my .05/.10 any type of aggression will usually freeze the table up for at least one betting round.

deception5 09-29-2005 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That may be true if CO were open raising (folded to him). However, MP2 already limped before him, making a steal less likely. Clear fold preflop (unless its a 6 max table)

[/ QUOTE ]

MP2 limped in meaning MP2 has a weak hand if it's not strong enough to raise there. CO raises after 1 limper to shut out the blinds. I'd raise A2s/A7o in CO's position. Granted we don't know much about CO, but there are a TON of hands that could be raising in that spot that don't dominate us. We also have position postflop.

TBone 09-29-2005 12:12 PM

CO, if a complicated ML player could be raising a merely decent hand if he/she feels MP2 is weak and wants to isolate. That's pretty advanced thinking typically for this limit and the players you'll normally run up against. (cept some 2+2ers [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

All other cases, fold PF.

Rest of the hand looks good.

T