Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Kansas City advice (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345363)

KCFire105 09-27-2005 06:40 PM

Re: Kansas City advice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For a good steak, track down the Golden Ox.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] yup, that's good stuff too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't let my neighbors dog eat at The Golden Ox (and I really don't like that little yipper).

If you want a great Kansas City steak, go to The Hereford House.

Great shopping The Plaza.

Great N/L Harrahs.

Great limit Ameristar.

Great frozen Custard Sheridan's.

Decent BBQ while at Ameristar, Arthur Bryants (great meat weird grainy sauce)

Good luck.

midwestkc 09-27-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you go to the one downtown if you do (which from where you are is the closest one). I haven't been to the one in Kansas, but the one in Independence sux0r

KCFire105 09-27-2005 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you go to the one downtown if you do (which from where you are is the closest one). I haven't been to the one in Kansas, but the one in Independence sux0r

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The one North of the river is nothing special either. You want to go to 20th and Main downtown to Herefords Steak House.

malo 09-27-2005 08:17 PM

Just want to second midwestkc's comments on the Plaza. It is a great place for shopping, dining, just strolling around, etc. Also, next month is one of the nicest times of the year in the midwest......good weather and fall colors.

If the wives are interested in museums, the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is not too far from the Plaza and quite good. Definitely worth a visit for folks who like museums.

sean c 09-27-2005 09:48 PM

Thanks everyone for the help. I think it will be a great trip.

NCAces 09-28-2005 01:51 AM

Depending on how much time you have, one of the more famous restaurants in KC is a place called Strouds. Best fried chicken in the world ... family style eating that is a lot of fun. Go to the original which is in South KC, not North KC. Also, for late night BBQ you gotta go to Gates & Sons ... they are all over town.

I used to live within crawling distance of the Country Club Plaza and Westport ... lots of fun to be had there, and lots of money to be spent.

NCAces

midwestkc 09-28-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Depending on how much time you have, one of the more famous restaurants in KC is a place called Strouds. Best fried chicken in the world ... family style eating that is a lot of fun. Go to the original which is in South KC, not North KC. Also, for late night BBQ you gotta go to Gates & Sons ... they are all over town.

I used to live within crawling distance of the Country Club Plaza and Westport ... lots of fun to be had there, and lots of money to be spent.

NCAces

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmm...stroud's...Soooo good. Nothing like good pan fried chicken.

loose passive 09-28-2005 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mmmm...stroud's...Soooo good.

[/ QUOTE ]