Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Wealthy ATM, or so I thought (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343626)

Luv2DriveTT 09-24-2005 08:04 PM

Re: Wealthy ATM, or so I thought

[ QUOTE ]
Outside chance that this is the situation:

There are/were quite a few middle aged female players in the mid limit games at Commerce. Some of these also work as dealers. Thing is, all are horrible players. Their husbands are wealthy, but got tired of financing them losing $10K-50K per year. So they told them they could only continue to play if they financed their gambling themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Commerce. Silly 4/8 game with Klepton, JasonT and a few others we all know. Chinese girl with super-thick accent in BB with Klepton on the button - I'm standing over the table and can see her cards. Klepton raises on the button, she has QQ and is about to fold (she is short stacked) I start throwing money at her, telling her whatever she does... DON'T FOLD!! Please raise! she calls down to the river and loses to Klepton's KK. She looks disheartened as she loses all her chips on the table, I give her $100 as a consolation prize. She leaves the bill there and walks away rather sad from the table.

2 hours later she is playing 20/40 with 2 racks in front of her. From that day forward, I don't judge or make any assumptions anymore about a player's bankroll or ability to find magic money.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

lighterjobs 09-24-2005 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce. Silly 4/8 game with Klepton, JasonT and a few others we all know. Chinese girl with super-thick accent in BB with Klepton on the button - I'm standing over the table and can see her cards. Klepton raises on the button, she has QQ and is about to fold (she is short stacked) I start throwing money at her, telling her whatever she does... DON'T FOLD!! Please raise! she calls down to the river and loses to Klepton's KK. She looks disheartened as she loses all her chips on the table, I give her $100 as a consolation prize. She leaves the bill there and walks away rather sad from the table.

2 hours later she is playing 20/40 with 2 racks in front of her. From that day forward, I don't judge or make any assumptions anymore about a player's bankroll or ability to find magic money.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure it was the same girl?

a lot of asian women look the same to me.

eviljeff 09-24-2005 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh great. can't wait to read the replies to this one.

jason_t 09-24-2005 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First, you're a dumbass.

Second, I can verify it was the same woman.

lighterjobs 09-24-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First, you're a dumbass.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a joke.

09-24-2005 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

it was a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

Let the emoticon (smiley) be your friend.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Luv2DriveTT 09-24-2005 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't explain why, but this is very insulting to me.

jason_t 09-25-2005 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First, you're a dumbass.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without any indication that you were making a joke, I can tell you that your post came across as very insulting.

You're still a dumbass.

Evan 09-25-2005 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Without any indication that you were making a joke

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, everything he wrote was an indication he was making a joke. People around here are wound too tight. If someone said "All white people look the same to me" would you get offended? I wouldn't and I'd laugh at anyone that did. Relax, guys.

csuf_gambler 09-25-2005 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its true. im asian and even i have a hard time telling them apart.

btw isn't there a "one player to a hand" rule? how can you tell her what to do?