Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   my shortest session ever (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341987)

mplspoker 09-22-2005 12:44 PM

Re: my shortest session ever

I think the reason he gets these responses.. is b/c many players here get a kick out of reading his posts, but in terms of making money they are nearly worthless..

PokerBob 09-22-2005 12:58 PM

Re: I am seriously and sincerely impressed (no joke).

[ QUOTE ]
I am very impressed, this was so cool. To sit down to play in a small-stakes game, jerk people around, then have the discipline to get up and quit without playing a hand like an obnoxious, spoiled 6 year old kid or trust-fund frat boy.

When I grow up, I can only dream of making $65,000 per year living this incredible lifestyle. So awesome.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

wow are you a
d
i
c
k

mplspoker 09-22-2005 01:06 PM

He is telling it how it is though.... It's pathetic that this guy has been playing forever and doesn't make nearly as much as people who are 22 on here do.. and people are dumb enough to take his advice.. The point of poker as a profession is to make as much $$ as possible... The only thing i can come up with is that he must be a much better writer/teacher than he is a player...

BigEndian 09-22-2005 01:36 PM

That may be the case, but the antagonism that persists in the mid-high stakes forum is sad.

- Jim

rory 09-22-2005 01:42 PM

Most people who are very happy in their profession are not in it to make the most money possible.

mike l. 09-22-2005 01:51 PM

but

wow but unwow.

i mean you left cause it felt right so that i love

but

an angry tilted poophead was tilting away enough to play heads up and you left??!

i get it, but whaaaa??

mike l. 09-22-2005 01:53 PM

Re: my shortest session ever

if there's one guy who will never give tommy a harsh reply it's andy.

NLSoldier 09-22-2005 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The point of poker as a profession is to make as much $$ as possible...

[/ QUOTE ]

says who?

[ QUOTE ]
It's pathetic that this guy has been playing forever and doesn't make nearly as much as people who are 22 on here do

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet many of these 22 yr olds are willing to pay him FIVE thousand for a weekend of lessons. Maybe you arent seeing the whole picture?

Ulysses 09-22-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The point of poker as a profession is to make as much $$ as possible...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's where the disconnect lies.

Ulysses 09-22-2005 02:40 PM

You are a dick, but that was a pretty funny post nonetheless, TSP. BTW, you ready for some wagering yet, chief?