Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   HoytCorkins4's phone number (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341623)

citanul 09-21-2005 11:35 PM

Re: HoytCorkins4\'s phone number

i no longer see chat from hoytcorkins4.

i have begun a practice of getting the scammers to click on a seat at a table, then i can hit the disable chat feature on them even if they're not sitting with cash.

this plan rules.

citanul

09-22-2005 12:11 AM

Do you guys really think this is his actual phone number???

I think its some phone sex line.

09-22-2005 12:21 AM

Whoa, that's my home area code...that guy must live near me, that or he's bsing.

Ogre 09-22-2005 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys really think this is his actual phone number???

I think its some phone sex line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving out a fake would be pointless unless he thought it would give the people confidence in him without them actually calling it. I think its real or it would be stupid to add a fake number to the scam.

edit: why hasn't party banned this fool?

ewing55 09-22-2005 02:12 AM

Link another 2+2 post: another scam with the same phone number

Jman28 09-22-2005 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have you called him yet apathy?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO but I am going to as soon as I stop playing and figure out exactly what I should say.

Maybe I will pretend to be the "sucker" in the post above and use the Jman type script, could be really funny. Anyway I can record this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, if I could record the call, that would be so hot. I think that might be illegal or something.

Let us know what you do.

Weatherhead03 09-22-2005 03:51 AM

Results?

se2schul 09-22-2005 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoa, that's my home area code...that guy must live near me, that or he's bsing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried a reverse phone lookup, and this is what I got:
The phone number "(248) 890-9023" is a Royal Oak, MI based phone number and the registered carrier is At&t Wireless Services, Inc. However, due to number portability, some numbers have been transferred to a new service provider other than the registered carrier.

I don't think the reverse phone lookup thing works as well for cell phones as land lines...

Roland32 09-22-2005 11:25 AM

AHH I live in Royal Oak but I assure you its not me

Xhad 09-22-2005 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Giving out a fake would be pointless unless he thought it would give the people confidence in him without them actually calling it. I think its real or it would be stupid to add a fake number to the scam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to work for a major bank, and we encountered phishing scams claiming to be from other banks but using my employer's 800 number all the time. Of course we don't really have any idea how successful they were since people getting hit by it would usually end up contacting their own bank afterward..