Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Gazes Call with AK after 2 all ins 4 handed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341123)

csuf_gambler 09-21-2005 06:32 AM

Re: Gazes Call with AK after 2 all ins 4 handed

easy fold. like norman chad says, AK is way too overrated in tournaments.

09-21-2005 07:49 AM

i like his kristy gazes fold. that guy knows how to pick a spot.

BarronVangorToth 09-21-2005 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy fold. like norman chad says, AK is way too overrated in tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps it is. But this was an easy call, given the situation.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

Adjective 09-21-2005 08:21 AM

Pff, that's nothing. I saw in one episode FOUR guys went all-in, but luckily for them they all had AK, I couldn't figure out how 4 people got all-in preflop without any pocket pair, or how the last 2 guys call when there were 2 all-ins in front of them

Georgia Avenue 09-21-2005 09:23 AM

I think it was marginal, and don't forget in the ensuing argument Bill said: "Minh you've been moving in every hand!"

So he had to think he was at least ahead of MN.

09-21-2005 09:56 AM

I hated that call, I think it was a terrible play. One of the other two easily could have had kings or aces and then he's dominated. As it was he had a coin flip which he lost and crippled him. For a player of his experience that should have been an auto-fold.

Salva135 09-21-2005 10:15 AM

You're not thinking about the fact that 4-handed, at the end of a major tournament with high blinds and a bunch of stacks extremely short relative to the chip leader, the ranges for pushing all-in and then a player behind coming over the top are WAY larger than AA-KK. One of the players could easily have had 77, with a KQs coming over the top to isolate. To put these guys on potential aces or kings is just weak-tight.

As it has been pointed out, Gazes was almost guaranteed to lock up 3rd because one of the stacks he had covered was likely to get knocked out or crippled, and he had a chance to take them both out right there and accumulate enough chips to take on Seif.

I think if Gazes were covered by either of the two players it would be an entirely different situation.

schwza 09-21-2005 10:19 AM

can someone give approx. stack sizes (and payouts if you know 'em)? thanks.

Daliman 09-21-2005 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like his kristy gazes fold. that guy knows how to pick a spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
ni han

Daliman 09-21-2005 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hated that call, I think it was a terrible play. One of the other two easily could have had kings or aces and then he's dominated. As it was he had a coin flip which he lost and crippled him. For a player of his experience that should have been an auto-fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA or KK 4 handed is nowhere NEAR "easily" with these guys, especially given he has AK. Mihn raises allin with ATs here too, and Kang likely would call AQ or AK. As it was, he still had a decent overlay in his call, and Dynasty pretty much nailed everything else. relatively easy call, period.