Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   "Seat open" pet peeve (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=337577)

bernie 09-15-2005 08:16 PM

Re: \"Seat open\" pet peeve

Notice that the ones that do this are very close to sitting out/leaving or doing something else to break up the game.

Annoying as it is, it's actually minor compared to other things that go on at a table.

b

Seether 09-15-2005 09:48 PM

Whats even more annoying is when your on a wait list for a game and have been waiting for 2hrs only to find out that an incompetent dealer never called the floor for the open seat when a seat has been open for 20mins.

bigfishead 09-15-2005 09:58 PM

Thank You Daytripping.

I am a dealer and I see it all the time. Whats funny is I have the loudest voice in the Bellagio cardroom and these idiots don't notice that I have called the seat open. I usually also get a "heads up" from the floor or a verbal confirmation via microphone from them too. Your comments were right on the money.

AngusThermopyle 09-15-2005 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats even more annoying is when your on a wait list for a game and have been waiting for 2hrs only to find out that an incompetent dealer never called the floor for the open seat when a seat has been open for 20mins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they are waiting for a "regular" to sneak into their game.

mosch 09-15-2005 11:39 PM

Most people DESPISE playing shorthanded, and don't even like to be down 1 or 2 people.

A lot of these guys won't even get near a table until there are seven people at it. Anything less, and they suddenly have to take a walk for a few minutes.

PokerBob 09-16-2005 12:37 AM

i think you will find that the more interaction you have with people, the more you will realize that most people should be killed.

09-16-2005 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

09-16-2005 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people DESPISE playing shorthanded, and don't even like to be down 1 or 2 people.

A lot of these guys won't even get near a table until there are seven people at it. Anything less, and they suddenly have to take a walk for a few minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No s*it... I think it's just a reluctance to have to play the blinds more often, even though that's completely irrelevant since you're odds of winning the pot on a given deal go up with each player that leaves. I think a lot of players just have a cheap streak running through them, which is really pretty funny when it's people playing 30/60 with a couple grand in front of them.

09-16-2005 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a dealer and I see it all the time. Whats funny is I have the loudest voice in the Bellagio cardroom and these idiots don't notice that I have called the seat open. I usually also get a "heads up" from the floor or a verbal confirmation via microphone from them too. Your comments were right on the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loudest voice at Bellagio? I think I've played at your table before!

09-16-2005 11:12 AM

Yeah, I noticed this as well. I don't see what the bid deal is if a seat is open for a couple minutes.

I remember one person at the table saying he wanted a full table so that the pot could be bigger. Are you kidding me? At minimum, a $2 bigger pot.