Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   MRE - Beef Stew (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=337265)

daveymck 09-15-2005 10:12 AM

Re: MRE - Beef Stew

The Uk has sent 500,000 similar packs over for New Orleans, army rations has 4,000 calories and is meant to be relatively nice but not sure what you guys would make of hot pot and riced pudding thats in it, there are vegatarian and ethnic options in those as well which logistacally getting to people in the field must be a nightmare.

Shajen 09-15-2005 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
chicken a la king is also a good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, my second favorite, chicken a la king. People can't appreciate the beauty that is an MRE dump until they've eaten them for 5 weeks straight 3 meals a day.

that cheese man, wow. It's a log jam waiting to be spread on a cracker.

09-15-2005 10:32 AM

The vegetarian meals are easily the best ones.

Check out some of the writing on the inner cardboard packaging. I think the Grilled Beefsteak main meal says something along the lines of "meat chunked and formed with grill marks." It tastes like dog food.

Everyone says MRE's taste OK, but try eating them for six months straight.

Shajen 09-15-2005 10:41 AM

<i>
Everyone says MRE's taste OK, but try eating them for six months straight.</i>

I have. I still like a couple of them.

What kind of meals are the vegetarian? Like stews and stuff minus meat or what?

09-15-2005 10:53 AM

The vegetarian meals I can remember are Cheese Tortellini and Black Bean Burrito. There are other pasta main meals. Every box of twelve MRE's comes with three or four veggie meals.

The burrito is easy to eat on the move and is not bad cold. Also, some of the cheese packets are now Cheese with Jalapenos. This is good stuff for an MRE.

Shajen 09-15-2005 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The vegetarian meals I can remember are Cheese Tortellini and Black Bean Burrito. There are other pasta main meals. Every box of twelve MRE's comes with three or four veggie meals.

The burrito is easy to eat on the move and is not bad cold. Also, some of the cheese packets are now Cheese with Jalapenos. This is good stuff for an MRE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Figures, I get out and they up the ante on the meals. That burrito sounds pretty decent.

vulturesrow 09-15-2005 11:17 AM

I have to disagree. The burrito tastes like pure ass (dont ask how I know what pure ass tastes like).

MonkeeMan 09-15-2005 12:23 PM

All this sounds superior to Ham and MFer's.

09-15-2005 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to disagree. The burrito tastes like pure ass (dont ask how I know what pure ass tastes like).

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I'll trade you the hamburger main meal for the burrito any time. I'll even throw in the sh*tbrick(fudge brownie).

As much as I dislike MRE's, they're not bad to have around for emergency situations like Katrina in NO.