Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Am I getting too cocky? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=337012)

DcifrThs 09-15-2005 12:06 AM

Re: Am I getting too cocky?

if there was EVER a river to fire again. thats it.

Barron

mmcd 09-15-2005 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would check behind as he's not folding any hand you beat, nor do I think he lays down any hand that can not win.

I think he is likely to have 5s-3s. Plus I want the info about what hand he has in an unraised pot that he is check/calling down.

The value of seeing his hand is worth more to me than the chance he check/raising me and I don't get to see his hand even if that's a small chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing until I realized he must've meant 55-33, not 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Klepton 09-15-2005 12:22 AM

would an 8 c/r the flop?

i think he is confused by your limp and decided to call down.

the only hand that folds that beats you is A high, and i can't really see him having that.

but no you're not getting too cocky.

Lawrence Ng 09-15-2005 05:09 AM

Bet.

Btw, where's the cocky part?

Lawrence

bicyclekick 09-15-2005 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

The limping J9s mp1 after a limper.

Your Mom 09-15-2005 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In these sposts against an agro player (where it's my only chance of winning) I fire the last bullet way too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

09-15-2005 05:44 AM

I would def bet this river - but then again I probably bluff a little more than I should.

[ QUOTE ]
Bet.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's implying it's "cocky" to limp J9s in EP, with the expectation that he'll be able to make up for the marginal/incorrect preflop call with his stellar post-flop playing skillz.

09-15-2005 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha i was right. too bad i take too long to reply [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

bicyclekick 09-15-2005 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha i was right. too bad i take too long to reply [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I only said it at the top line of the thread. Don't know why it eluded so many people.

DeeJ 09-15-2005 06:03 AM

I reckon he has an 8 and doesn't believe you have the Q.

Or Kx, maybe in spades and is planning an ambush.

will he fold the river often enough here? Probably, since there are two cards he probably doesn't like showing, so I bet and fold to a raise.

Would he think I would maybe limping with a Queen or King? That's probably the key judgement here. He probably appreciates you also fire with blanks now and then.