Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $55 party heads up play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335478)

ChuckNorris 09-13-2005 03:14 AM

Re: $55 party heads up play

I usually push 32o here, and the villains usually fold. Even the "loosest" $55'er villains aren't likely to be calling with much more than 50% of their hands here. You need a good reason not to push. I'm suprised at how many of you are folding this. If you've folded as many as 2 of your last 5 hands and you haven't seen villain calling you with worse than jack high or something or know that he's a really good player, push push push.

Shillx 09-13-2005 04:16 AM

Push. He has to call into the Tx's to make this a fold. It is one of those spots where you are either taking slightly the worst of it or way the best of it (i.e. he folds far too much). Pushing anything here is never going to be a significant mistake.

MegaBet 09-13-2005 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually push 32o here, and the villains usually fold. Even the "loosest" $55'er villains aren't likely to be calling with much more than 50% of their hands here. You need a good reason not to push. I'm suprised at how many of you are folding this. If you've folded as many as 2 of your last 5 hands and you haven't seen villain calling you with worse than jack high or something or know that he's a really good player, push push push.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really REALLY bad advice.

SCfuji 09-13-2005 04:37 AM

its tough to listen to a drunk baby... =]

i ended up folding this but i was really itching to push - you know me brad =]. but i feel that i have been pushing far too much and also calling a bit too loosely ill have to post some of those later. whenever i cant make a decision i fold - its the safe route at the time until i know any better. this was my $55 cherry popping tourney so i wanted to know what others thought.

thanks,
fuji

MegaBet 09-13-2005 04:42 AM

Did you end up winning the tourney?

SCfuji 09-13-2005 04:46 AM

yup good start to my "stab-taking" at the 55s

09-13-2005 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible! His stack is to the point where he's gonna gamble because he doesn't want to get low enough that doubling up doesn't gain him much. Right now he doubles up and he makes a much better chunk than folding until he gets something good and has nothing to make by doubling. Put yourself in villian's position...you want a shot at first you push yourself very, very soon, and even on any two your likely behind. Do not let him get back into this by being dumb here.

Sciolist 09-13-2005 10:46 AM

If you're pushing 60% of the time, this isn't a top 60% hand. Personally, I aim for more like pushing with top 40% hands when one player has ~10bb or less.

kevkev60614 09-13-2005 11:10 AM

For the love of God, be nice when you respond to this. Everyone is in agreement that I'm wrong, I just want to know what's wrong with my logic. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Will someone explain to me why calling and folding to a push here is wrong? HOH2 that you should almost always at least call from the SB when HU, unless your opponent is constantly raising. I know Harrington wasn't talking specifically about HU with a shortstacked opponent, but calling and folding to a push only loses you 1/2 a BB, and it doesn't seem like villian is pushing that much. If he checks, he's probably weak. You may be able to bully him out, or you may have flopped something yourself.

09-13-2005 01:55 PM

Call/fold is not a bad idea. If he's weak and this low chip stack he won't re-raise you without a strong hand since he doesn't know your hand strength, and you can see three cards for a cheap price and maybe you'll get a favorable flop.